Why buy bike from us?
785 Huez RS - an Ultra Lightweight bicycle to be lighter and more efficient in the mountains.
- 730g Ultra High Modulus Carbon Frame
- 290g 100% Carbon Fork
- 100% Carbon Bottom Bracket Shell
- Optimized Interia Section for an improved stiffness to weight ratio
The comfort on the bicycle is provided not only by the use of specific fibers, but also by the adoption of a 27.2mm HR carbon seatpost (provides flexibility). This diameter is the optimal size which allows for the greatest amount of flex while assuring dependable tensile strength.
LOOK designers and engineers, above all, wanted to create the lightest bicycle possible with optimum characteristics by concentrating primarily on its efficiency. The new 785 HUEZ RS is a concentration of pure technology without any frills. Its design and size and shape of its tubes have been optimized to obtain the best attainable inertia, making the construction a 5.9kg bicycle for climbing and conquering summits.
- CRANKSET:SHIMANO ULTEGRA 52 x 36 R8000
- CHAIN:SHIMANO CN HG 601
- CASSETTE:SHIMANO ULTEGRA 11 x 32 R8000
- SHIFTERS:SHIMANO ULTEGRA R8000
- DERAILLEUR:SHIMANO ULTEGRA R8000
- BRAKES:SHIMANO ULTEGRA R8000
- SEATPOST:LOOK LS2 carbon 27,2 mm x 350 mm
- SADDLE:SELLE ITALIA X base
- STEM:LOOK ALLOY LS2 +/- 7°
- H-BAR:LOOK LS2 ALLOY COMPACT
- WHEELS:MAVIC Aksium / CONTINENTAL Ultra sport 2, 700 x 25
- WEIGHT:7950 g (ULTEGRA / MAVIC WHEELS)
This historic choice, which makes LOOK one of the few sport composite pioneers, is justified by the inherent characteristics of different carbon fiber. The most important being its strong correlation between its stretching resistance and stiffness for very little weight. The excellent performance of carbon epoxy composites to aging equally contributes to its choice as the ideal material for the fabrication of bicycle frames and forks.
Moreover, carbon fibers have a different behaviors based on their orientation. One defines carbon composition (fiber type, orientation and quantity) for each layer in a very precise manner according to how the product will be used.
For over 30 years, LOOK has developed a unique expertise and a vast experience of combining different types of fibers to achieve specific desired properties. We know how to vary the parameters of carbon composition to give a product a desired behavior. The impregnated carbon sheets developed in France, according to LOOK's own experience, have characteristics and an application close to those of aeronautics, aerospace or automotive sports.
Optimized Interia Section
To create the 785 HUEZ RS, we began by studying and improving the shape of all of the tubes. Optimizing the shape requires defining the design that provides the maximum inertia for each tube, that is to say, to choose the optimal length, size and shape that produces the best stiffness-to-weight ratio.
We therefore, opted for a sleek and sophisticated design based on precise research, entirely focused upon the search for efficiency and performed by our engineers, to create an ultralight bicycle with the best possible characteristics. A tube sidewall thickness of 0.6 mm was ultimately chosen.
Nano Layer Construction
They must be coupled with the best recipe. Strong, with over 30 years of carbon technology know-how, skill and expertise, LOOK engineers, in their manufacturing facility, ultra-precisely define the position and orientation of each of the thin layers of carbon used to create their tubes.
For example 785 Huez RS frame uses 0,010mm ultra thin layers, 5 different carbons, 10 layers of carbon per tube. That makes 260 pieces of carbon per frame.
Note: Manufacturer may reserve the right to change the specification of that listed or shown on this page.
This could include but not limited to specification or colour
Trade-in Your old bike
You can trade in your old bike for instant credit in our store. You can use your credit against all products in store.
Trade-In Your old bike - Step by step:
- Bring the bike you would like to trade-in to our store
- Please ask for the person in charge of Used Bikes
- Our Buyers will assess your bike and offer you a Trade-in credit
- Avail of instant credit from your trade-in
- Credit can be used against ALL goods in store. Sale prices will still apply
- Ride away on your new bike!
Terms & Conditions
- We only accept bikes in the resale value range of €200 - €1,200
- Bikes must be clean and fit for resale
- You will be required to produce photo ID which we will scan and keep on file