Why buy bike from us?
For your first mountain bike pedal strokes, in helping you relish the local trails and Sunday outings
our line of semi-rigid EDGE mountain bikes, offering unbeatable value for money, is an ideal way to start out under the best conditions. These bicycles take advantage of Lapierre’s full range of expertise acquired on our top-of-the-line models, in other words your best bet for becoming proficient. EDGE is THE perfect mountain bike for smaller budgets but never out of its league!
The EDGE 227W offers the ideal compromise for your recreational pursuit of mountain biking: lightweight Supreme 4 aluminum frame, comfortable SR SUNTOUR XCT fork and locking mechanism, and versatile transmission, combining a SHIMANO 40 x 30 x 22 crankset with an 11-36 cassette. All EDGE models now contain a 27.2-mm diameter seat post for greater flexibility.
Our women’s bicycles make use of all the same technologies as our men’s and unisex models. The only difference: a selection of components perfectly adapted to the female body shape, so as to optimize both well-being and ergonomics.
For people getting into MTB who want to buy their first “proper” mountain bike.
- Supreme 4 alloy frame.
- Sport geometry for beginners
- Available with 27.5’’ wheels.
- Frame : EDGE WOMEN 27.5" SUPREME 4 ALLOY DISC
- Fork : SUNTOUR XCT-HLO-PM-27.5" 100mm
- Headset : FSA NO. 10 ZS 50/44 1.6 TOP CAP
- Bottom bracket : CH 52 127mm
- Crankset : SHIMANO FCMT100 40x30x22 170mm (S) / 175mm (M, L)
- Stem : LAPIERRE ST123A 7? ?: 31.8mm L: 60mm
- Seatpost : LAPIERRE SP37.1 ?: 27.2mm L: 350mm
- Handlebar : LAPIERRE MTB479A W: 700mm R: 15mm ?: 31.8mm
- Front derailleur : SHIMANO ALTUS FDM2000
- Rear derailleur : SHIMANO ALTUS RDM2000 9s SHADOW DESIGN
- Brakes : SHIMANO HYDRAULIC BRM315
- Shifters : COMBO SHIMANO STEF505 3x9s / hydraulic brake lever
- Saddle : LAPIERRE WOMEN by VELO
- Wheel : SHIMANO HBTX505 32H CENTER LOCK - SHIMANO FHTX505 32H CENTER LOCK - RODI FW DOUBLE WALL 27.5x19C DISC
- Sprocket : SHIMANO HG200 9s 11-36T
- Tires : MICHELIN WILD GRIP'R 27.5x2.25 / MICHELIN COUNTRY GRIP'R 27.5x2.10
- Weight : 13,9 Kg
The material chosen for your frame is critical to your bike’s performance. We work tirelessly to perfect our aluminium frames. Working with the best specialists in the industry, we have created our very high-end Alloy Supreme. It has three levels of strength and weight. Supreme 6 is 12% stronger and 1.5% lighter than Alu 7005 aluminium. It is an exceptionally durable alloy.
Note: Manufacturer may reserve the right to change the specification of that listed or shown on this page.
This could include but not limited to specification or colour