Why buy bike from us?
Quick, confident and ultra capable. This lightweight aluminum all-rounder takes your road riding to the next level.
Made with lightweight ALUXX SL aluminum technology, the Contend SL frameset features balanced geometry that gives it an agile yet confident ride. The rear end of the bike is designed for quick acceleration, while the front end puts the rider in a confident position for maximum efficiency and control. Technologies including the D-Fuse composite seatpost add road-smoothing compliance to reduce fatigue and maximize rider comfort.
- ALUXX SL-grade frame with D-Fuse composite seatpost
- Carbon-Composite fork with alloy OverDrive steerer
- Shimano 105 11-speed componentry with Tektro rim brakes
- Giant PR-2 wheelset with Giant P-SL1 tyres
- Colour: Black/Red/Blue, White/Orange/Charcoal
- Frame: ALUXX SL-Grade Aluminum
- Fork: Hybrid Composite, OverDrive Steerer
- Handlebar: Giant Connect
- Stem: Giant Sport
- Seatpost: Giant D-Fuse Composite
- Saddle:Giant Contact (Forward)
- Pedals: Wellgo clip and strap type
- Shifters: Shimano 105 22 speed
- Front Derailleur: Shimano 105
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano 105
- Brakes: Tektro TK-R540 Giant Specific, Dual Pivot
- Brake Levers: Shimano 105
- Cassette: Shimano 105, 11x32
- Chain: KMC X11EL-1
- Crankset: Shimano FC-RS510, 34/50
- Bottom Bracket: Shimano PressFit BB-RS 500
- Rims: Giant PR 2 Wheel Set
- Hubs: Giant Performance Tracker Road, Sealed Bearing
- Spokes: Sapim Race
- Tyres: Giant P-SL1, 700x25, Folding
Extremely lightweight framesets featuring high-performance strength-to-weight ratios
- Predominantly features 6011 alloy for a high-performance strength-to-weight ratio
- Double butting results in lighter weight without sacrificing strength
- Features PressForming, WarmForming (advanced manipulation of tubeset shaping via an injection of high-pressure air) and FluidForming in select models
- Features both Standard (double-pass weld technique without finish sanding/filing) and Smooth welding techniques for outstanding strength and weight
Giant's original oversized fork steerer-tube technology. Designed to provide solid front-end steering performance, the system's oversized headset bearings and tapered steerer tube provide optimal steering stiffness. Road models feature 1 1/8-inch top and 1 1/4-inch bottom bearings, while the mountain version features 1 1/8-inch top and 1 1/2-inch bottom bearings.
OverDrive provides up to 15 percent more torsional steering stiffness than straight steerer-tube designs. This translates into much more accurate steering input from a rider's hands, through the handlebar and stem, and down to the front wheel. Whether hammering uphill or carving through a corner, OverDrive transmits input directly to the front wheel for more precise handling.
Note: Manufacturer may reserve the right to change the specification of that listed or shown on this page.
This could include but not limited to specification or colour
Trade-in Your old bike
You can trade in your old bike for instant credit in our store. You can use your credit against all products in store.
Trade-In Your old bike - Step by step:
- Bring the bike you would like to trade-in to our store
- Please ask for the person in charge of Used Bikes
- Our Buyers will assess your bike and offer you a Trade-in credit
- Avail of instant credit from your trade-in
- Credit can be used against ALL goods in store. Sale prices will still apply
- Ride away on your new bike!
Terms & Conditions
- We only accept bikes in the resale value range of €200 - €1,200
- Bikes must be clean and fit for resale
- You will be required to produce photo ID which we will scan and keep on file