Garmin Edge 520 - GPS Bike computer Helps You Compete And Compare
- Offers in-ride challenges through Strava live segments
- Reports cycling-specific VO2 max and recovery time when used with power and heart rate
- Pairs with compatible ANT+® indoor trainers for data display and control
- Tracks Functional Threshold Power (FTP), watts/kg and cycling dynamics when used with Vector™ or Vector 2 power meters
- Connected features¹: automatic uploads, live tracking, smart notifications, send/receive courses, social media sharing, weather
In The Box
- Edge 520
- Mounts (standard and extended out-front)
- USB cable
Here’s Your Competitive Edge
We started with the aerodynamic form factor of the popular Edge 500, added in-ride challenges on Strava live segments, color display, connected capabilities and advanced analysis features. The result — Edge 520, the GPS bike computer that’s right-sized for competitive cyclists and packed with the features you crave.
Prove Your Edge
Edge 520 is the first bike computer that’s compatible with Strava live segments and includes a 2-month trial of Strava Summit. With this membership, your starred Strava segments automatically sync with the 520 for live feedback during your ride. You’ll also get alerts for segment start and finish and leaderboard rankings once you complete the segment.
Train on the Edge
Need some motivation to get through those lonely miles on the indoor trainer? Edge 520 delivers with a suite of training capabilities when paired with compatible ANT+ indoor trainers. Let’s say you want to train at an average power of 240 watts. Just set the target on Edge 520, start pedaling, and the trainer will automatically adjust to keep you at your target while the 520 shows your stats. You can also follow a course that you or another rider created and literally race the recorded stats, with the trainer adjusting resistance to match the elevation profile.
Edge 520 compromises nothing when it comes to display — 2.3 inches of high-resolution color. We maximized the display so you get the most live area in relation to the compact size of the 520. You’ll also appreciate the screen clarity in all lighting conditions.
The Connected Bike
Edge 520 is compatible with ANT+ sensors, including Varia™ bike radar and lights4, speed, cadence, heart rate, Edge and VIRB® remotes and compatible weight scales. It also integrates with Shimano Di2 electronic shifting systems5 to display your current gear on the screen. Edge 520 is also compatible with ANT+ power meters, including the Vector series.
When paired with your compatible phone and the Garmin Connect™ app, Edge 520 offers live tracking, smartphone alerts, social media sharing, weather and wireless uploads. Once your ride is complete, the data can be automatically sent to Garmin Connect™, our online community where you can save, plan and share your rides.
LiveTrack is Getting Easier to Use
LiveTrack lets family and friends track your location in real-time while you’re riding, and now it’s even easier to use. When you enable auto-start, you can spend more time focusing on the ride and less on the technology. LiveTrack will automatically detect when you start riding, which means there’s no need to even reach for your phone anymore. Auto-start is also compatible with the new Strava Beacon, which lets Strava Summit subscribers take advantage of the same great feature. It’s never been easier for you and your loved ones to have peace of mind while you ride.
Off the Beaten Path
The compact, rugged form factor and 15+ hour battery life of Edge 520 make it ideal for off-road adventures. It’s also compatible with GPS/GLONASS satellites, so you benefit from more signal options, wherever your ride takes you.
- Physical Dimensions: 1.9” x 2.9” x 0.8” (49.0 x 73.0 x 21.0 mm)
- Display Size: 1.4” x 1.9” (35.0 x 47.0 mm)
- Display Resolution: 200 x 265 pixels
- Weight: 60g
- Battery: rechargeable lithium-ion
- Battery Life: up to 15 hours
- Water Rating: IPX7
- Color display
- High-sensitivity receiver
- Smart Notifications
Maps And Memory
- Waypoints/favorites/locations: 200
- Routes: 0
- History: up to 180 hours
- Barometric altimeter
Training, Planning and Analysis Features
- Customizable data pages
- Auto Pause®
- Interval training
- Advanced workouts
- Auto Lap®
- Virtual Partner
- Auto scroll
- Time/distance alerts (triggers alarm when you reach goal)
- Compatible with Vector™ (power meter)
- Power meter compatible (displays power data from compatible third-party ANT+™-enabled power meters)
- Compatible with Varia™ bike radar and lights
- Edge® remote compatibility
- Advanced performance and power analysis, including new Time in Zone, FTP tracking, cycling-specific VO2 and recovery and cycling dynamics
- Bike trainer profile for compatible Turbo trainer data display and control
- On-device segment compatibility for dynamic and engaging in-ride competition
- Operating temperature: -20°C to +55°C
- Connected features via a smartphone
- Compatible with Garmin Connect™ and Garmin Connect™ Mobile
- Compatible with VIRB® action cameras
- Integration with Shimano Di2 electronic shifting
- Weather alerts