Eurus™ wheels are designed to be extremely versatile.
Light on climbs and quick to respond to changes of pace, they know how to adapt to any type of ride and any type of course.
And now, thanks to the new oversized flange and the innovative Mega-G3™ system, Eurus™ wheels have made a true leap in quality to become, alongside the Shamal™ Ultra™, the top of the range aluminium wheels to reference on the market.
The Eurus™ wheel is entirely hand-assembled by a specialised Campagnolo® technician and is checked in every tiny detail with electronic instrumentation. This ensures maximum performance and reliability for all Campagnolo® wheels.
- Type: Clincher
- Weight: 1465g
RIM Dynamic Balance™ – Aluminium wheels.
The concept is simple and elegant: balance the weight of the gasket, with an item of similar weight placed on the exact opposite side. For top models, this is obtained by a special operation on the section of the rim opposite the rim joint.
SPOKES Dynamic Balance™
For entry-level models, Dynamic Balance™ is obtained by using two oversized spokes in the section opposite the joint. The result is a wheel with perfectly balanced rotational dynamics.
RIM Dynamic Balance™ – Carbon wheels
For carbon wheels the principle is the same, but applied using a different technology. When making carbon rims, the pieces of carbon fabric are aligned in such a manner that the resulting rim is always balanced.
What is MoMag?
A technology that offers several advantages to the structural integrity of the wheel as well as eliminating the need for rim tape. The name derives from “Mounting Magnet” system, shortened to MoMag™.
How does it work?
The nipples, once inserted inside the rim via the valve hole, are “guided” to the point of connection with the spoke by means of the magnet. This simple but ingenious system makes it possible to have a wheel without holes on the upper bridge, but with spokes tensioned by traditional nipples!
No holes on the rim means that the rim is uniform at every point, free from stress points or zones of weakness and, for the clincher profiles no rim tape is required, to the benefi t of weight reduction. The advantages are immediately clear: greater rim lifetime, greater resistance to fatigue, the possibility to give the spokes greater tension, and greater stiffness which, in terms of performance, mean greater reactivity and acceleration. But that’s not all. The advantages also include extremely quick and simple maintenance and spoke replacement. All to the benefi t of cyclists who choose Campagnolo®.
Campagnolo® has developed an assembly architecture which, compared with a traditional wheel, makes it possible to improve energy transfer, reduce the stress on the spokes on the right and increase transverse rigidity.This is achieved because in G3™ geometry the right-hand side of the rear wheel is fitted with twice as many spokes as the left.
The results of G3™ system are truly extraordinary: better transfer of the driving torque, better lateral rigidity, reduction of the stress in the rear wheel spokes. And thanks to the G3™ system that compensates for the forces acting on the 2 sides of the wheel, there are no more wheel vibrations, even for heavier people.
In the 2012 range the Shamal™ and Eurus™ wheels increase their responsiveness specifically thanks to this system. G3™ becomes Mega-G3™ thanks to the oversize flange. This solution allows the increase of the torsional stiffness values even more, to the benefit of the overall responsiveness of the wheel.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- MOMAG™: Allows the external profile of the rim to be free of holes - increases structural resistance - makes rim tape unnecessary and reduces the weight of the wheel.
- DYNAMIC BALANCE™: Every point of the rim is counter-balanced by an equal weight on the opposite side. Maximum stability of the wheel even at high speeds.
- TOROIDAL MILLING: Reduces the peripheral weight of the rim - makes the wheel extremely reactive.
- DIFFERENTIATED RIM HEIGHT: 26mm at the front to provide optimal handling; 30mm at the rear for transmitting all your power to the wheel.
- SPOKES ANTI-ROTATION SYSTEM: Keeps the spokes in the position of maximum aerodynamic penetration.
- AERO SPOKES IN ALUMINIUM: Maximum aerodynamic penetration - lower weight and greater reactivity.
- ALUMINIUM NIPPLES: Reduces the peripheral mass of the wheel - increases reactivity.
- OVERSIZED FLANGE: Increases the torsional stiffness, increasing reactivity at each change of pace of the cyclist.
- ALUMINIUM HUB BODY: Provides a high degree of lateral stiffness.
- ALUMINIUM AXLE: Reduces the weight of the wheel.
- QUICK RELEASE: Steel spine and eccentric, lever with drill lightening and aluminum die. Eccentric-closure system allows cyclist to modulate the pressure necessary for heightened sensitivity to find the proper closure for the block. Easy to use, with a material resistant to wear and tear, rust, and pressure