CAAD8 WHERE PERFORMANCE BEGINS.
With someone's all-important first road bike purchase, it's the details that determine whether it gets ridden regularly or hung in the garage. With its lightest-in-class frame, more forgiving Heads-Up Race geometry, CAAD10-derived tubeshapes and unmistakable Cannondale ride-feel, we designed the CAAD8 to turn "riders" into "cyclists".
- Incredible level of race performance for an entry to mid level price tag.
- Racy handling, but with a comfortable riding position
- Cannondale Aluminium crafting and CAAD10 DNA put it in a class of its own.
RIDER PROFILE: Fast group rides. Lycra. The first crit. This is the bike for people who've been inspired by the peloton and are ready to start being a "cyclist".
HEADS UP RACE GEOMETRY
The CAAD8 has proven, sharp handling race geometry but with a slightly taller head tube (+1.5 cm) for a more relaxed riding position.
SAVE STAYS Optimized chain stay and seat stay shaping provides lateral rigidity while providing vertical compliance for bump absorption and comfort with no loss in power transfer.
SMOOTH WELDS A true smooth weld, rather than the sand, putty, and paint "smooth welds" found on other bikes, Cannondale's trademark double-pass smooth weld technology eliminates the stress-risers and weak points found on traditionally welded frames, enabling us to build lighter, stronger frames.
ASYMMETRIC CHAIN STAYS
Just like on our premium race bikes, we oversize and reshape the driveside chain stay to better handle the loads from the drivetrain, while keeping the non-drive stay svelte for weight savings.
EXTERNALLY MACHINED HEAD TUBE
A technique Cannondale has used for years, excess material is precisely machined out of the low stress areas of the head tube, saving significant weight with no loss of strength.
Many CAAD8 models feature BB30 bottom bracket shells. The epitome of System Integration, Cannondale invented BB30 15 years ago to take crank and frame performance to the next level and it has become THE industry standard for stiffness and light weight.
"IF YOU'RE AFTER A ROAD BIKE AT A PRICE THAT SCRAPES IN UNDER THE €1,500 MARK THEN I'D SAY LOOK NO FURTHER: IT'S A VERY COMPELLING PACKAGE AND GREAT VALUE TO BOOT." - Road.cc
"ON THE DROPS OR LOW ON THE HOODS, YOU FEEL POWERFUL AND AERODYNAMIC – IT'D CERTAINLY PERFORM ON RACE DAY. A COMBINATION OF THE EFFICIENCY OF THE FRAME AND THE RANGE OF SLICK-SHIFTING GEARS ON OFFER MEANS THAT CLIMBING IS FAR FROM A CHORE " - 220 Triathlon Magazine
"THE RIDE IS SHARP, FAST AND TRUE, IN THE SADDLE OR OUT." - CYCLING PLUS MARCH 2015
- Frame: CAAD8, Optimized 6061 Alloy, SAVE
- Fork: Cannondale Ultra, Carbon blades, 1-1/8"
- Rear Shock: N/A
- Rims: Maddux RS 3.0, 32-hole
- Hubs: Cannondale C4
- Spokes: Stainless Steel, 15g
- Tires: Schwalbe Lugano, 700x25c
- Pedals: Wellgo w/ Clip and Strap
- Chainset: FSA Vero, 50/34
- Crank Option: N/A
- Bottom Bracket: FSA Cartridge
- Chain: KMC Z89, 8-speed
- Cassette: Sunrace 12-28, 8-speed
- Front Derailleur: Shimano Claris, 31.8 clamp
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano Claris
- Shifters: Shimano Claris
- Handlebars: Cannondale C4 Compact, 6061 alloy
- Grips: Cannondale Bar Tape w/Gel, 2.5mm
- Stem: Cannondale C4, 31.8, 6 deg.
- Headset: Tange Seiki Integrated, 25mm top cap
- Brakes: Tektro R315, dual pivot
- Brake Levers: Shimano Claris 2400
- Saddle: Cannondale Stage Ergo
- Seatpost: Cannondale C4, Alloy, 27.2mmx300mm
- Warranty: lifetime (non transferable)
Trade-In Your Bike
You can Trade-In your old bike for instant credit in our store.
You can use your credit against all products in store and Your Loyalty Prices still apply.
Trade-In Your old bike - Step by step:
- Bring the bike you would like to trade-in to our store (please contact Sean, Peter or Gary)
- On behalf of our Buyers Sean, Peter or Gary will assess your bike and offer you a trade-in credit
- Avail of instant credit from your trade-in
- Credit can be used against ALL goods in store except used bikes for sale. Loyalty or Sale prices will still apply
- Ride away on your new bike!
Terms & Conditions
- For now we accept bikes in the resale value range of €200 - €1500
- Bikes must be clean and fit for resale
- You will be required to produce photo ID which we will scan and keep on file