Why buy bike from us?
Adventures aren’t always smooth and easy. This lightweight drop-bar bike makes it fun to ride rough roads, gravel and dirt.
A lightweight ALUXX SLR aluminum frame, smooth-handling composite fork, and drop-bar positioning make ToughRoad SLR GX the right choice for adventuring into the unknown. When the pavement ends, your ride doesn’t have to. The fast-rolling 700c wheels are fitted with high-volume 50c Giant tubeless tires. These allow you to run lower tire pressure for comfort and traction, and they also reduce the risk of flat tires. The D-Fuse seatpost absorbs road vibration and shocks to help minimize fatigue on long rides. And powerful disc brakes with 160mm rotors give you added confidence and control on rough roads and in all types of weather. Thoughtful details including integrated rack mounts and the X-Defender downtube complete the package, making ToughRoad SLR GX the perfect machine for tackling imperfect roads.
- ALUXX SLR-grade aluminum frame with D-Fuse seatpost
- Giant carbon composite fork with alloy/composite OverDrive hybrid steerer
- Shimano Sora 2x9-speed drivetrain
- Giant Conduct Hydraulic disc brakes
- Giant SX-2 Disc wheelset with Giant CrossCut AT 2 tubeless tyres
- Colour: Charcoal/Orange
- Frame: ALUXX SLR-Grade Aluminum
- Fork: Advanced-Grade Composite, Alloy OverDrive Steerer
- Handlebar:Giant Connect XR Ergo-Control
- Stem: Giant Connect
- Seatpost: Giant D-Fuse Composite
- Saddle: Giant Contact (Neutral)
- Shifters: Shimano Sora 18 speed
- Front Derailleur: Shimano Sora
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano Sora
- Brakes: Giant Conduct Hydraulic Disc
- Brake Levers: Shimano Sora
- Cassette: Shimano HG400, 11x34
- Chain: KMC X9
- Crankset: FSA Omega, 32/48
- Bottom Bracket: FSA Mega EXO
- Rims: Giant S-X2 Wheelset
- Hubs: Giant Tracker Disc
- Spokes: Sapim Leader
- Tyres: Giant CrossCut AT 2, 700x38Tubeless
- Extras:X-DeFender Downtube and ChainStay Protector, Tyre Sealant
Giant's lightest, state-of-the-art aluminum frameset technology featuring our highest strength-to-weight ratios, most advanced forming methods, and unique welding techniques
- Exclusively features 6011A alloy for unprecedented strength-toweight ratio
- State-of-the-art butting results in 20 percent thinner (and lighter) tubes than ALUXX SL
- Features extensive FluidForming (sophisticated manipulation of tubeset shaping via an injection of high-pressure fluid) and some PressForming (basic manipulation of tubeset shaping via direct mechanical pressure)
- Features both Smooth (double-pass weld technique with hand-sanding to reduce stress risers) and Slim (custom-fit tube junctures to decrease weld material) welding techniques for minimal weight, maximum strength and the cleanest aesthetics
Giant's original oversized fork steerer-tube technology. Designed to provide solid front-end steering performance, the system's oversized headset bearings and tapered steerer tube provide optimal steering stiffness. Road models feature 1 1/8-inch top and 1 1/4-inch bottom bearings, while the mountain version features 1 1/8-inch top and 1 1/2-inch bottom bearings.
OverDrive provides up to 15 percent more torsional steering stiffness than straight steerer-tube designs. This translates into much more accurate steering input from a rider's hands, through the handlebar and stem, and down to the front wheel. Whether hammering uphill or carving through a corner, OverDrive transmits input directly to the front wheel for more precise handling.
Trade-in Your old bike
You can trade in your old bike for instant credit in our store. You can use your credit against all products in store.
Trade-In Your old bike - Step by step:
- Bring the bike you would like to trade-in to our store
- Please ask for the person in charge of Used Bikes
- Our Buyers will assess your bike and offer you a Trade-in credit
- Avail of instant credit from your trade-in
- Credit can be used against ALL goods in store. Sale prices will still apply
- Ride away on your new bike!
Terms & Conditions
- We only accept bikes in the resale value range of €200 - €1,200
- Bikes must be clean and fit for resale
- You will be required to produce photo ID which we will scan and keep on file