Ride further, faster and more often: the trail awaits.
Simply put, the Reaction Hybrid SLT represents the state of the art in aluminium e-MTB technology. Whether it's the ultimate drivetrain performance or the best bike handling experience that you're seeking, it all comes together here in a single, exceptional hardtail. Our engineers created a brand new frame for 2018, with even more refined looks and performance to extract the best from you and the Bosch drive. Combined with Fox's plush 34 Rhythm fork, Shimano 11 speed XT transmission and hydraulic disc brakes, we've cut no corners in our quest to produce the ultimate machine for off-road adventurers.
- Frame: Aluminium Superlite, Gravity Casting, ARG, Double Butted, Disc Only, Tapered Headtube, Boost148, Internal Cable Routing, FIB
- Fork: Fox 34 Rhythm, 2-Position Sweep-Adjust GRIP Damper, Tapered, 15x110mm, 100mm
- Headset: FSA Orbit 1.5E ZS, Top Zero-Stack 1 1/8" (OD 44mm), Bottom Zero-Stack 1 1/2" (OD 56mm)
- Stem: CUBE Performance Stem Pro, 31.8mm
- Handlebars: CUBE Rise Trail Bar, 740mm
- Grips: CUBE Race Grip 31, 1-Clamp
- Rear derailleur: Shimano XT RD-M8000-DGS, ShadowPlus, 11-Speed
- Shifters: Shimano XT SL-M8000-I, Direct Attach
- Brake system: Shimano XT BR-M8000, Hydr. Disc Brake (180/180)
- Crankset: FSA CK-745, 170mm, 15T
- Chain: KMC X11e Turbo
- Cassette: Shimano SLX CS-M7000, 11-46T
- Front hub: Shimano XT HB-M8000, 15QR, Boost, Centerlock
- Rear hub: Shimano XT FH-M8010-B, 12mm, Boost, Centerlock
- Rims: CUBE EX30, 32H, Disc, Tubeless Ready
- Tyres: Nobby Nic Kevlar 2.60, Addix Speedgrip, Tubeless Easy
- Saddle: CUBE Race EXC 145
- Seat post: CUBE Performance Post, 30.9mm
- Seatclamp: CUBE Varioclose, 34.9mm
- Battery: Bosch PowerTube 500
- Extras: Dropper Post Option: #13619 RFR Teleskop-Sattelstütze 30.9x100mm, #13620 RFR Teleskop-Sattelstütze 30.9x120mm
- Drive unit: Bosch Drive Unit Performance CX (75Nm) Cruise (250Watt)
- Display: Bosch Purion Bosch 4A
- Weight: 21,7 kg
Our e-MTB hardtail frames were already highly regarded, but that wasn't good enough for the CUBE design team. The Reaction Hybrid SLT sets a new benchmark in e-MTB design thanks to its sophisticated, gravity cast down tube and bottom bracket design. Completely enclosing the battery under a water-resistant cover, it's more than just an æsthetic upgrade. The lower centre of gravity, combined with our proprietary Agile Ride Geometry, results in even better handling than before. It also frees up enough space inside the frame for two water bottle mounts - and you can charge the battery without removing it, too. In keeping with the frame's elegant looks, we ran cables internally to reduce clutter and the need for maintenance, and the Boost 12mm thru-axle at the rear helps with power transfer and steering accuracy.
Agile Ride Geometry
We ran innumerable tests to develop the Agile Ride Geometry in our series of big wheel bikes. We also added the 27.5in wheel size to the very well received portfolio. Three important details lead to the very agile character. Increased fork offsets let us achieve the same trail as our 26in bikes without having to steepen the head angle, thus maintaining generous toe clearance to the front wheel. Secondly we shortened the chain stays without compromising the seat angle. We invented a patented construction to mount the front derailleur to give us more tyre clearance while keeping a conventional seat angle, leading to a perfect riding position for every rider size. Last but not least we kept the BB height the same as on our 26in bikes. These measures lead to a natural riding position. Every mountain biker will feel immediately at home on a CUBE 29er or 27.5.
This steerer tube design is stiffer than a conventional straight steerer and yields a more secure ride feel even in difficult terrain. Minimal flex at the front of the frame means the greatest possible steering precision. With the larger steerer, the forks become more rigid. At the same time weight is saved due to the absence of bearing shells as the lower bearing is fully integrated into the head tube. On all of our CUBE carbon models the upper bearing shells are also directly in the frame, so that once more a few grams are saved and the energy transfer is very direct.
Easy Mount Kickstand
The Easy Mount Kick Stand is a new system developed and designed by CUBE. The base of the stand is mounted from below to a fitting plate integrated to the frame and fixed with a through bolt. This kick stand is extremely stiff and solid through the enlarged contact areas between base and frame which gives a stable stand even with loaded panniers.
Integrated Cable Routing
Internally routed cables offer many advantages. Cables are protected from dirt for longer life, weight is saved thanks to the absence of external housing and the bike has a clean, sleek appearance.
Wet Paint Surface
On polished, brushed aluminium and all HPC frames, the logos and graphics are applied in multi-layer wet paint. We use this surface treatment technology mainly to save weight.
Frame Safe System
To protect our high-end aluminium frames from damage, they are built with the CUBE Frame Save System replaceable derailleur hanger. The mounting thread is in the hanger and not in the frame as usual. In case of a crash, this hanger can be easily and quickly replaced by a new one.
Dropper seat posts are getting more and more widespread, but to integrate them optimally in the frame, they have to be factory fitted. With the Stealth Ready frames, it is possible to build in a dropper seat post with internally routed cables, which besides the clean look, helps prevent any cables getting jammed. The exit of the cable on the frame ? if not required ? will be sealed with a cover for protection.
X12 Through Axle
In this system, a cone is used to form a play-free connection. It is only necessary to tighten the axle from one side. The position of the wheel is done by an insert in the right-hand dropout which is secured by a bolt. The main advantages of the Syntace system are quick and simple changing of the wheel, reliable position of the brake disc and higher stiffness of the rear of the bike. This allows the assembly to be made lighter than a conventional through-axle.
This elaborate procedure with doubled weld seams has two advantages: On the one hand, it improves the firmness of the weld seams and minimizes the load peaks on the tube welds through energy flow and on the other hand, it helps the frame to a better and more organic look due to the smooth and hardly noticeable welds.
Adaptable X12 Hanger
We optimized our new dropout design based on the Syntace X12 through-axle system, enlarging the area of the frame where the hanger is mounted. We can now fit the longer Direct Mount hangers. Shifting precision and stiffness is therefore improved. With the new design it's also possible to swap the whole contact area of the axle with the hanger should the system be worn out.
Trade-In Your Bike
You can Trade-In your old bike for instant credit in our store.
You can use your credit against all products in store and Your Loyalty Prices still apply.
Trade-In Your old bike - Step by step:
- Bring the bike you would like to trade-in to our store
- Please ask for the person in charge of Used Bikes
- Our Buyers will assess your bike and offer you a Trade-in credit
- Avail of instant credit from your trade-in
- Credit can be used against ALL goods in store. Loyalty or Sale prices will still apply
- Ride away on your new bike!
Terms & Conditions
- For now we accept bikes in the resale value range of €200 - €1,200
- Bikes must be clean and fit for resale
- You will be required to produce photo ID which we will scan and keep on file