Lapierre Zesty AM Fit 3.0 29 Mountain Bike 2019
Lapierre Zesty AM Fit 3.0 29 Mountain Bike 2019
Why buy bike from us?
Half-way between a full-suspension XC and an enduro, with a clearance of 150mm on the 27.5 frame and 140mm on the 29, it will improve uphill sensations compared to a pure enduro bike and yet is more stable downhill than a full-suspension XC. To sum up, a bike that offers it all, and more.
Our challenge was to entirely redesign two models which were a huge hit with endurance and all-mountain riders. So, we have entirely redesigned our two models to evolve with riding practices.
To do this, we opted for a shared platform, at the same time preserving the separate identities of the Zesty and the Spicy. A shared framework, but totally different behaviours. Zesty and Spicy make their come-back.
Developed with the help of pro riders, notably Nicolas Vouilloz, 10 times world downhill champion, we have gone to great lengths to get maximum thrills, in terms of downhill for the Spicy and all-mountain capabilities for Zesty.
The challenge was to preserve the character of each bike: Spicy, the ultimate endurance bike, great for speed; and Zesty, an exceptional all-mountain explorer. We focused on the details. In particular three main areas: the FIT programme, kinematics and geometry modernisation. In relationship with users’ expectations, across the full aluminium and carbon range.
Lapierre FIT Program
An innovative programme which allows components to evolve depending on the size of the bike and therefore... the size of the rider.
With this system, the bike can be adjusted to the rider’s morphology. The programme is based on the evolution of eight bicycle components to improve comfort, but also performance between you and your bike.
- 27.5 or 29 inches (tyre section max. 2.6)
- Front/rear clearance: 160 to 170 mm on the Spicy / 140 to 150 mm on the Zesty
- Crank length: 2 crank lengths
- Different chainring size: 2 different sizes
- Handlebars: 2 handlebar widths
- Telescopic seat post heights: 3 different lengths
- Grip diameter: 2 grip sizes
- Disks: 2 disk sizes
Our priorities were to develop a bike on which to have fun, where you feel perfectly the terrain beneath you, and which allows you to be responsive.
Only available on carbon frames, with storage space for an inner tube and a few tools in a watertight box. It also helps to protect the frame.
“We started with a blank sheet of paper; the behaviour is really different. The instantaneous centre of rotation of the suspension goes from the front to the back. This makes the bike much more fun. It’s as if the rear bases become shorter when stress is put on the shock absorber. So the bike lifts up more easily, you feel the turns in the back wheel and it’s accentuated by the fact that the link is really small; it creates more variation with the instantaneous centre of rotation. The damping curve also contributes to this light feeling at the front, because it's pretty full up to about 75% of clearance, then linear for the last 25.” Nicolas Vouilloz
- Frame : NEW ZESTY AM FIT SUPREME 5, 150mm travel (27.5), 140mm travel (29), PRESSFIT, BOOST, METRIC, THRU AXLE
- Fork : NEW ROCKSHOX SEKTOR RL BOOST 150mm (27.5), 140mm (29)
- Shock Absorber : NEW LAPIERRE AF2 AIR TRUNNION METRIC REBOUND & LOCKOUT
- Headset : FSA ORBIT ZERO STACK + ANGLESET 0.5°
- Bottom bracket : FSA PRESS FIT BB92 MEGA EXO
- Crankset : FSA GAMMA PRO 1x MEGA EXO, 1x11, 30T
- Stem : LP ALLOY 0° 35mm (S, M, L), 45mm (XL)
- Seatpost : LP DROPPER by JD 80mm (S), 100mm (M), 125mm (L, XL)
- Handlebar : LP 6061DB 760mm, 15mm RISE, 31.8 BAR BORE - LP LOCK-ON grips
- Rear derailleur : SRAM NX 11 SPD
- Brakes : NEWSHIMANO MT400 - SHIMANO SM-RT30 180mm/180mm
- Shifters : SRAM NX 11 SPD
- Saddle : NEW Lapierre CRMO by Velo
- Wheel : NEW SHIMANO MT400, BOOST 15x110, CENTERLOCK, 32H - NEW SHIMANO MT400, BOOST 12x148, CENTERLOCK, 32H - LP AM READY 30 FRONT, READY 27 REAR. FRT: 27.5x30c (S, M), 29x30c (M, L, XL), RR: 27.5x27c (S, M), 29x27c (M, L, XL). TUBELESS READY. 32H
- Sprocket : SUNRACE CSM8 11 SPD 11-46
- Tires : NEW MICHELIN WILD ENDURO 27.5x2.40 (S, M), 29x2.40 (M, L, XL)
- Weight : 14,9 kg (27.5) / 15,6 kg (29)
- Size : 27.5 = S, M / 29 = M, L, XL
Note: Manufacturer may reserve the right to change the specification of that listed or shown on this page.
This could include but not limited to specification or colour
Trade-in Your old bike
You can trade in your old bike for instant credit in our store. You can use your credit against all products in store.
Trade-In Your old bike - Step by step:
- Bring the bike you would like to trade-in to our store
- Please ask for the person in charge of Used Bikes
- Our Buyers will assess your bike and offer you a Trade-in credit
- Avail of instant credit from your trade-in
- Credit can be used against ALL goods in store. Sale prices will still apply
- Ride away on your new bike!
Terms & Conditions
- We only accept bikes in the resale value range of €200 - €1,200
- Bikes must be clean and fit for resale
- You will be required to produce photo ID which we will scan and keep on file