Why buy bike from us?
Smooth, superlight and built for compliance. From gran fondos to epic solo rides, this new, reengineered Defy Advanced Pro represents the pinnacle of endurance road performance.
This all-new high-performance frameset is handcrafted with Giant’s Advanced composite and specifically engineered for endurance road riding. With the perfect blend of stiffness and compliance, it delivers a smooth, fast ride quality for your longest, hardest rides. Its innovative technologies include a D-Fuse composite seatpost and Contact SLR D-Fuse composite handlebar, specially shaped cockpit components that work as a system to add compliance and reduce road shocks and vibrations. The frame is also integrated for disc brakes, with flat mounts and 12mm front and rear thru-axles, plus clearance for high-volume tires up to 32c. The oversized and tapered OverDrive 2 steerer tube boosts cornering precision, while the MegaDrive downtube and PowerCore bottom bracket deliver precise handling and class-leading pedaling efficiency.
Advanced Composite frame is specifically engineered for endurance road riding, delivering a smoother ride quality and less fatigue on long rides. The D-Fuse seatpost and handlebar system works seamlessly with the frame to absorb road shocks and vibrations.
Seamless disc brake integration including flat mounts and 12mm front and rear thru-axles produces more consistent braking power for better control, even in wet weather and rough roads.
Endurance road geometry, added tire clearance (up to 32c) and disc-brake integration allow you to tackle a variety of roads and conditions, from smooth pavement to rugged backroads and mountain passes.
- Frame:Advanced-Grade Carbon Composite
- Fork:Advanced-Grade Carbon Composite, full-carbon composite OverDrive 2 steerer
- Handlebar:Contact SLR D-Fuse
- Stem:Contact SL Stealth
- Seatpost:Giant D-Fuse SL carbon composite
- Saddle:Contact SL (neutral)
- Shifters:Shimano Ultegra Di2
- Front Derailleur:Shimano Ultegra Di2
- Rear Derailleur:Shimano Ultegra Di2
- Brakes:Shimano Ultegra Di2, hydraulic Disc, 140mm
- Brake Levers:Shimano Ultegra Di2, hydraulic
- Cassette:Shimano Ultegra, 11x34
- Chain:KMC X11SL-1
- Crankset:Shimano Ultegra with Giant Power Pro Double Sided Power Meter, 36/52
- Bottom Bracket:Shimano Press Fit
- Rims:Giant SLR-1 Disc 30mm WheelSystem
- Hubs:Giant SLR-1 Disc WheelSystem, 12mm thru-axle, Center Lock
- Spokes:Giant SLR-1 Disc WheelSystem
- Tires:Giant Gavia AC 1 tubeless, 700x28mm
- Extras:RideSense Bluetooth
Advanced Composite Technology
Giant’s High Performance Grade raw carbon material is used to produce this custom frame material in our own composite factory with a high stiffness-to-weight ratio. The front triangle of these framesets is assembled and molded as one continuous piece in a proprietary manufacturing process called Modified Monocoque Construction.
Compact Road Design
Introduced by Giant with the professional Team ONCE in the 1990s, Compact Road revolutionized the look and feel of high-performance road bikes forever. A downward sloping toptube (from the headtube to the seattube) creates smaller front and rear triangles for a lighter, stiffer bike. It also makes it easier for riders of all sizes to have a perfect fit.
The most advanced steerer tube technology in today’s Giant bikes. Designed to offer unprecedented front-end steering performance, the system’s oversized headset bearings (1 1/2” lower, 1 1/4” upper) and tapered steerer tube work in harmony to provide supreme steering stiffness.
The D-Fuse seatpost and handlebar were designed to function as a system, absorbing road shocks and vibrations so you can ride farther, faster.
Giant’s chainstay integrated, wireless data transmitter. The removable transmitter sends wheel speed and cadence information directly to any ANT+ compatible computer.
Fewer flat tires. Greater traction. Less rolling resistance and a smoother, faster ride. Giant’s Tubeless System makes it easier than ever to experience all these benefits.
Note: Manufacturer may reserve the right to change the specification of that listed or shown on this page.
This could include but not limited to specification or colour
Trade-in Your old bike
You can trade in your old bike for instant credit in our store. You can use your credit against all products in store.
Trade-In Your old bike - Step by step:
- Bring the bike you would like to trade-in to our store
- Please ask for the person in charge of Used Bikes
- Our Buyers will assess your bike and offer you a Trade-in credit
- Avail of instant credit from your trade-in
- Credit can be used against ALL goods in store. Sale prices will still apply
- Ride away on your new bike!
Terms & Conditions
- We only accept bikes in the resale value range of €200 - €1,200
- Bikes must be clean and fit for resale
- You will be required to produce photo ID which we will scan and keep on file