Why buy bike from us?
This lightweight aluminum all-rounder puts a premium on smooth, confident handling. Its versatile frame geometry is designed to blend endurance positioning with quick and agile cornering and climbing.
Made with lightweight ALUXX SL aluminum technology, the Contend SL frameset features balanced geometry that gives it an agile yet confident ride. The rear end of the bike is designed for quick acceleration, while the front puts the rider in a confident position for comfort and control. Technologies including the D-Fuse composite seatpost, which adds road-smoothing compliance to reduce fatigue and improve rider comfort. And added frame clearance allows you to run wider tires up to 28c.
Balanced road geometry
Frame is specifically engineered to produce a balanced, all-rounder feel that blends confident rider positioning with agile cornering and acceleration.
Smooth ride quality
Innovative D-Fuse composite seatpost design reduces road shocks and vibrations for a smooth ride quality that improves comfort and minimizes fatigue.
Seamless disc brake integration including flat mounts and 12mm front and rear thru-axles produces more consistent braking power for better control, even in wet weather and rough roads.
- Frame:ALUXX SL-Grade Aluminum
- Fork:hybrid composite, OverDrive steerer
- Handlebar:Giant Connect
- Seatpost:Giant D-Fuse composite
- Saddle:Contact (forward)
- Shifters:Shimano Tiagra
- Front Derailleur:Shimano Tiagra
- Rear Derailleur:Shimano Tiagra
- Brakes:Tektro TK-B177
- Brake Levers:Shimano Tiagra
- Cassette:Shimano Tiagra, 11x34
- Chain:KMC X10-1
- Crankset:Tiagra, 34/50
- Bottom Bracket:Shimano Press Fit
- Rims:Giant S-R2 wheelset
- Hubs:Giant S-R2 wheelset
- Spokes:Giant S-R2 wheelset
- Tires:Giant P-R3 AC, front and rear specific, 700x28, folding
ALUXX SL Aluminum Technology
This High-Performance level, state-of-the-art aluminum material is made predominantly from 6011 alloy and delivers best-in-class strength-to-weight ratios. These framesets also feature unique welding technologies for a high-performance ride quality.
Compact Road Design
Introduced by Giant with the professional Team ONCE in the 1990s, Compact Road revolutionized the look and feel of high-performance road bikes forever. A downward sloping toptube (from the headtube to the seattube) creates smaller front and rear triangles for a lighter, stiffer bike. It also makes it easier for riders of all sizes to have a perfect fit.
The D-Fuse seatpost and handlebar were designed to function as a system, absorbing road shocks and vibrations so you can ride farther, faster.
Giant’s original oversized fork steerer tube technology. Designed to provide precise front-end steering performance, the system’s oversized headset bearings (1 1/4” lower and 1 1/8” upper for road, 1 1/2” lower and 1 1/8” upper for mountain) and tapered steerer tube work in conjunction to provide optimal steering stiffness.
Fewer flat tires. Greater traction. Less rolling resistance and a smoother, faster ride. Giant’s Tubeless System makes it easier than ever to experience all these benefits.
Note: Manufacturer may reserve the right to change the specification of that listed or shown on this page.
This could include but not limited to specification or colour
Trade-in Your old bike
You can trade in your old bike for instant credit in our store. You can use your credit against all products in store.
Trade-In Your old bike - Step by step:
- Bring the bike you would like to trade-in to our store
- Please ask for the person in charge of Used Bikes
- Our Buyers will assess your bike and offer you a Trade-in credit
- Avail of instant credit from your trade-in
- Credit can be used against ALL goods in store. Sale prices will still apply
- Ride away on your new bike!
Terms & Conditions
- We only accept bikes in the resale value range of €200 - €1,200
- Bikes must be clean and fit for resale
- You will be required to produce photo ID which we will scan and keep on file