Why buy bike from us?
Smooth, fast and fun. This versatile aluminum road bike blends agility and comfort. So you can push the pace, ride more miles, and have more fun on the road.
Designed and developed for aspiring riders looking to elevate their experience on the road, Contend offers responsive acceleration and a more endurance-oriented rider position. A 27.2mm seatpost helps reduce road shocks and vibrations, and there’s enough frame and fork clearance to run wider tires (up to 28c) to further smooth out the ride. Engineered and built in Giant’s industry-leading aluminum forging facility, it’s a true all-rounder for ambitious road riders.
Balanced road geometry
Frame is specifically engineered to produce a balanced, all-rounder feel that blends confident rider positioning with agile cornering and acceleration.
Smooth ride quality
27.2mm diameter seatpost design reduces road shocks and vibrations for a smooth ride quality that improves comfort and minimizes fatigue.
Seamless disc brake integration including flat mounts and 12mm front and rear thru-axles produces more consistent braking power for better control, even in wet weather and rough roads.
- Frame:ALUXX-Grade Aluminum
- Fork:hybrid composite, OverDrive steerer
- Handlebar:Giant Connect
- Seatpost:alloy round
- Saddle:Contact (forward)
- Shifters:Shimano Claris
- Front Derailleur:Shimano Claris
- Rear Derailleur:Shimano Claris
- Brakes:Tektro TK-B177
- Brake Levers:Shimano Claris
- Cassette:CS-HG50-8, 11x34
- Chain:KMC Z72
- Crankset:FSA Tempo, 34/50
- Bottom Bracket:cartridge
- Rims:Giant S-R3 wheelset
- Hubs:Giant S-R3 wheelset
- Spokes:Giant S-R3 wheelset
- Tires:Giant S-R3 AC, 700x28
ALUXX Aluminum Technology
This Performance level frame material features 6061 alloy with single-butted tubes to produce strong, lightweight framesets for a variety of different bikes and riding styles.
Compact Road Design
Introduced by Giant with the professional Team ONCE in the 1990s, Compact Road revolutionized the look and feel of high-performance road bikes forever. A downward sloping toptube (from the headtube to the seattube) creates smaller front and rear triangles for a lighter, stiffer bike. It also makes it easier for riders of all sizes to have a perfect fit.
Giant’s original oversized fork steerer tube technology. Designed to provide precise front-end steering performance, the system’s oversized headset bearings (1 1/4” lower and 1 1/8” upper for road, 1 1/2” lower and 1 1/8” upper for mountain) and tapered steerer tube work in conjunction to provide optimal steering stiffness.
Fewer flat tires. Greater traction. Less rolling resistance and a smoother, faster ride. Giant’s Tubeless System makes it easier than ever to experience all these benefits.
Note: Manufacturer may reserve the right to change the specification of that listed or shown on this page.
This could include but not limited to specification or colour
Trade-in Your old bike
You can trade in your old bike for instant credit in our store. You can use your credit against all products in store.
Trade-In Your old bike - Step by step:
- Bring the bike you would like to trade-in to our store
- Please ask for the person in charge of Used Bikes
- Our Buyers will assess your bike and offer you a Trade-in credit
- Avail of instant credit from your trade-in
- Credit can be used against ALL goods in store. Sale prices will still apply
- Ride away on your new bike!
Terms & Conditions
- We only accept bikes in the resale value range of €200 - €1,200
- Bikes must be clean and fit for resale
- You will be required to produce photo ID which we will scan and keep on file