Why buy bike from us?
Meet the Attain GTC SL Disc
a masterpiece of both æsthetics and function.
This high performance race bike combines the sublime comfort and superb acceleration of a high tech carbon frame with the safety of the latest disc brake technology.
The ultimate high speed endurance machine? We like to think so. Shimano's peerless Ultegra gears, compact and elegant brand new Shimano 105 disc brakes and a Fulcrum Racing 66 wheelset blend with the taut, elegant but surprisingly comfortable carbon frame to make a genuine long-distance mile-muncher. Efficiency, comfort and performance: it's all in the Attain GTC SL Disc's genes.
Optimising a frame for disc brakes is both art and science. As part of the process we chose a 12mm axle system both front and rear to improve rigidity.
The forces involved also necessitate a specially designed fork which, together with the Attain GTC SL Disc's tapered head tube, creates an enormously stiff and precise structure. But we've not forgotten comfort, which is just as important for sustained performance. The fork's carbon blades work together with slender Flex Stays at the rear to help filter out energy-sapping road shock, reducing fatigue even on long rides and bad road surfaces. This way, the rider benefits from a smooth ride, accurate steering and incredible efficiency... all rolled into one. Internally routed cables match the frame's Gran Turismo-inspired sleek looks, as well as minimising maintenance. Full length mudguards are an easy addition, if the need arises - an option that we built in because we know that even hardened racers like to stay dry on long training rides in poor weather.
- Frame: GTC Monocoque Twin Mold Technology, Flat Mount Disc, Road Comfort Geometry, AXH, 12x142mm
- Fork: CUBE CSL Race Disc, Full Carbon, Flat Mount, 1 1/8" - 1 1/4" Tapered, 12x100mm
- Headset: FSA I-t, Top Integrated 1 1/8", Bottom Integrated 1 1/4"
- Stem: CUBE Performance Stem Pro, 31.8mm
- Handlebar: CUBE Wing Race Bar
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano Ultegra RD-R8000-DGS, 11-Speed
- Front Derailleur: Shimano Ultegra FD-R8000-BM, 31.8mm
- Brake System: Shimano 105 BR-R7070, Hydr. Disc Brake, Flat Mount (160/160)
- Crankset: Shimano Ultegra FC-R8000, Hollowtech II, 50x34T, 170mm (50/53cm), 172.5mm (56/58cm), 175mm (60/62cm)
- Chain: Shimano CN-HG600-11
- Handlebar Tape: CUBE Grip Control
- Shift/Brake Levers: Shimano 105 ST-R7020 Casette: Shimano 105 CS-R7000, 11-32T
- Wheelset: Fulcrum Racing 66 DB
- Tyres: Conti Grand Sport Race SL, 28-622
- Saddle: Natural Fit Nuance Race
- Seat Post: CUBE Performance Post, 27.2mm
- Seatclamp: CUBE Screwlock, 31.8mm
- Weight: 8,5 kg
Frame Safe System
To protect our high-end aluminium frames from damage, they are built with the CUBE Frame Save System replaceable derailleur hanger. The mounting thread is in the hanger and not in the frame as usual. In case of a crash, this hanger can be easily and quickly replaced by a new one.
Integrated Cable Routing
Internally routed cables offer many advantages. Cables are protected from dirt for longer life, weight is saved thanks to the absence of external housing and the bike has a clean, sleek appearance.
Press Fit BB
With Press Fit bearings, the bottom bracket bearings are pressed directly into the frame and not screwed in as usual. This gives a wider bottom bracket shell and allows us to build a wider down tube and more broadly-spaced chainstays. Every millimetre of additional width gives a significant improvement in lateral stiffness.
This elaborate procedure with doubled weld seams has two advantages: On the one hand, it improves the firmness of the weld seams and minimizes the load peaks on the tube welds through energy flow and on the other hand, it helps the frame to a better and more organic look due to the smooth and hardly noticeable welds.
TAPERED HEAD TUBE
This steerer tube design is stiffer than a conventional straight steerer and yields a more secure ride feel even in difficult terrain. Minimal flex at the front of the frame means the greatest possible steering precision. With the larger steerer, the forks become more rigid. At the same time weight is saved due to the absence of bearing shells as the lower bearing is fully integrated into the head tube. On all of our CUBE carbon models the upper bearing shells are also directly in the frame, so that once more a few grams are saved and the energy transfer is very direct.
WET PAINT SURFACE
On polished, brushed aluminium and all HPC frames, the logos and graphics are applied in multi-layer wet paint. We use this surface treatment technology mainly to save weight.
Note: Manufacturer may reserve the right to change the specification of that listed or shown on this page.
This could include but not limited to specification or colour
Trade-in Your old bike
You can trade in your old bike for instant credit in our store. You can use your credit against all products in store.
Trade-In Your old bike - Step by step:
- Bring the bike you would like to trade-in to our store
- Please ask for the person in charge of Used Bikes
- Our Buyers will assess your bike and offer you a Trade-in credit
- Avail of instant credit from your trade-in
- Credit can be used against ALL goods in store. Sale prices will still apply
- Ride away on your new bike!
Terms & Conditions
- We only accept bikes in the resale value range of €200 - €1,200
- Bikes must be clean and fit for resale
- You will be required to produce photo ID which we will scan and keep on file