Why buy bike from us?
Meet the Litening C:68 SL
This ultralight and super stiff race machine
The CUBE Litening C:68 SL is so fast - even on the climbs - that it'll make your eyes water.
No word of a lie. This ultralight and super stiff race machine will appeal to speed freaks, adarenaline junkies and died-in-the-wool racers alike. As near as we can get to a pro level race machine, our design team cut no corners in their quest to maximise performance. The frame comes perilously close to breaking the magic 850 gramme barrier, while our choice of the finest components - including Shimano's superb Dura Ace groupset, a tubeless-ready Mavic Ksyrium Elite wheelset and Newmen carbon cockpit components - means there's practically no room for future upgrades. Which means the only thing left for you to do... is to ride.
At CUBE we understand that there's no room for compromise if you want to be the best.
For the Litening C:68 SL frame we set out to achieve exceptionally low weight with the latest C:68 carbon technology, optimised frame tube shapes and our Advanced Twin Mould production process. But we didn't stop there, because we also wanted to improve both comfort and efficiency. The stretched geometry creates an incredibly efficient riding position for rapid forward progress, but keeps the handling agile. And our Litening C:68 fork combines the best possible comfort with incredible steering precision and very low weight.
- CUBE C:68 Advanced Twin Mold Technology, Internal Cable Routing
- Fork: CUBE CSL Evo C:68 Technology, 1 1/8 - 1 1/4" Tapered
- Headset: FSA Orbit C33 ACB I-t Integrated, Top 1 1/8", Bottom 1 1/4"
- Stem: Newmen Evolution SL 318.4, 31.8mm
- Handlebar: Newmen Advanced Wing Bar, Carbon
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano Dura Ace RD-R9100-DSS, 11-Speed
- Front Derailleur: Shimano Dura Ace FD-R9100-BM, 31.8mm Clamp
- Brake System: Shimano Dura Ace BR-R9100
- Crankset: Shimano Dura Ace FC-R9100, 52x36T, 170mm (50/52cm), 172.5mm (54/56/58cm), 175mm (60/62cm)
- Chain: Shimano CN-HG900-11
- Handlebar Tape: CUBE Grip Control
- Shift/Brake Levers: Shimano Dura Ace ST-R9100 Casette: Shimano Dura Ace CS-R9100, 11-28
- Wheelset: Mavic Ksyrium Elite Black, QR/QR
- Tyres: Mavic Yksion Pro, 25-622
- Saddle: Fizik Antares R7
- Seat Post: Newmen Advanced, Carbon, 27.2mm
- Seatclamp: CUBE Superlight, 31.8mm
- Weight: 6,8 kg
C:68 Carbon Fiber Technology
CUBE’s highly innovative new C:68 carbon fibre technology allows us to build better bikes than ever. Typically, carbon fibre frames are around 60% carbon fibre, with the rest being the resin that bonds the fibres together. By distributing carbon fibres evenly, we can make thinner layers within the frame and reduce the amount of resin. Those fibres are a mixture of Ultra High Modulus, High Modulus Spread Tow and Intermediate Modulus carbon, each chosen for the needs of the particular area of the frame. Nanoparticles within the resin itself allows it to be distributed more evenly when under pressure in the frame mould. The result is a range of frames with 68% carbon fibre – lower weight, higher stiffness, more fun.
Integrated Cable Routing
Internally routed cables offer many advantages. Cables are protected from dirt for longer life, weight is saved thanks to the absence of external housing and the bike has a clean, sleek appearance.
Press Fit BB
With Press Fit bearings, the bottom bracket bearings are pressed directly into the frame and not screwed in as usual. This gives a wider bottom bracket shell and allows us to build a wider down tube and more broadly-spaced chainstays. Every millimetre of additional width gives a significant improvement in lateral stiffness.
Advanced Twin Mold
This technique uses a complete core to provide the perfect frame form during the lay-up process. As with the Twin Mold technology, precise inserts are used to ensure extra strength at high-stress frame points. This combination offers maximum control over fibre orientations during the lay-up and production process. The Advanced Twin Mold high-tech carbon manufacturing process translates to outstanding product safety and quality together with optimum weight and stiffness characteristics.
TAPERED HEAD TUBE
This steerer tube design is stiffer than a conventional straight steerer and yields a more secure ride feel even in difficult terrain. Minimal flex at the front of the frame means the greatest possible steering precision. With the larger steerer, the forks become more rigid. At the same time weight is saved due to the absence of bearing shells as the lower bearing is fully integrated into the head tube. On all of our CUBE carbon models the upper bearing shells are also directly in the frame, so that once more a few grams are saved and the energy transfer is very direct.
WET PAINT SURFACE
On polished, brushed aluminium and all HPC frames, the logos and graphics are applied in multi-layer wet paint. We use this surface treatment technology mainly to save weight.
Note: Manufacturer may reserve the right to change the specification of that listed or shown on this page.
This could include but not limited to specification or colour
Trade-in Your old bike
You can trade in your old bike for instant credit in our store. You can use your credit against all products in store.
Trade-In Your old bike - Step by step:
- Bring the bike you would like to trade-in to our store
- Please ask for the person in charge of Used Bikes
- Our Buyers will assess your bike and offer you a Trade-in credit
- Avail of instant credit from your trade-in
- Credit can be used against ALL goods in store. Sale prices will still apply
- Ride away on your new bike!
Terms & Conditions
- We only accept bikes in the resale value range of €200 - €1,200
- Bikes must be clean and fit for resale
- You will be required to produce photo ID which we will scan and keep on file