This product is available in our online store only. Not available on shop floor. However you can buy it online and collect in-store.
Fit global connectivity into the palm of your hand
inReach Mini is your go-to connection for maintaining off-the-grid contact. It’s our palm-sized satellite communicator for adventures where size and weight matter. inReach Mini lets you send and receive text messages, track and share your journey and, if necessary, trigger an SOS alert to contact the GEOS 24/7 emergency response team. With inReach connectivity, your family and friends will know they can stay in touch, no matter where your activities may take you.
- Small, rugged, lightweight satellite communicator enables two-way text messaging with 100% global Iridium® coverage (satellite subscription required)
- Trigger an interactive SOS to the 24/7 search and rescue monitoring centre (satellite subscription required)
- Access downloadable maps, colour aerial imagery and more by using the free Garmin Earthmate® app and compatible devices1
- Optional inReach weather forecast service provides detailed updates directly to your inReach Mini or paired device; basic and premium weather packages available
- Send and receive inReach messages through compatible Garmin devices, including connected wearables and handhelds
- Internal, rechargeable lithium battery provides up to 90 hours of battery life in 10-minute tracking mode2
Travel lighter, communicate smarter
Measuring just under 9.9 cm tall by 5.2 cm wide and weighing a mere 100 g, inReach Mini is a comfortable fit for your pocket or backpack. It connects for messaging via the Iridium satellite network, offering seamless 100% Iridium coverage worldwide. You don’t have to worry about being within range of a mobile phone signal or encountering spotty coverage.
Who will answer your SOS? GEOS will.
GEOS is the world leader in emergency response solutions and monitoring. They’ve supported rescues in more than 140 countries, saving many lives in the process. And they’re standing by 24/7 to respond to your SOS, track your device and notify the proper contacts and emergency responders in your area. Once you’ve triggered a distress signal, you can expect a delivery confirmation that help is on the way and be continually updated on the status of your response team.
Multiple ways to connect
Wireless unit-to-unit connectivity lets you remotely control inReach Mini to send and receive messages using compatible Garmin handhelds, wearables or other mobile devices.1 GPS-based location tracking lets you share your whereabouts with those at home or out in the field. You can also post your adventures on social media. For basic navigation, there’s a compass that shows bearing and distance along a route or to a waypoint.
Pair with your mobile device
For even more capability and convenience, the free Earthmate app syncs your inReach handheld via Bluetooth® wireless technology with your compatible Apple® or Android™ device so you can access unlimited maps and aerial imagery. Plus, Earthmate allows you to conveniently use all of the inReach features on your paired mobile device. For easier messaging, you can also access your phone’s contact list from the Earthmate app to reach them around the world — with fewer keystrokes.
Pair with Garmin Pilot™
In the aviation world, inReach Mini becomes a valuable air communications link. When paired via Bluetooth to a compatible tablet or smartphone running the Garmin Pilot app, your inReach Mini makes it easy to send and receive text messages while in the cockpit — even from areas without mobile phone signal reception. The app pulls in your smart device’s contact lists, so access is simple and seamless. And since your inReach Mini is also a handheld GPS, Garmin Pilot can leverage its rock-solid position source to drive a georeferenced aircraft position symbol on your tablet's moving map display. Also, for your followers on the ground, inReach Mini can provide tracking of your flight, using the web-based MapShare™ page created for your inReach account. You can also link via Facebook® or Twitter®.
Additional aviation services
Your inReach Mini is also a supported device for the Lockheed Martin Flight Services (LMFS) Adverse Condition Alerting Service (ACAS), Surveillance-Enhanced Search and Rescue (SE-SAR) and Enhanced Special Reporting Services (eSRS). If you register for ACAS information, alerts provided via LMFS prompt you to call for an abbreviated briefing to address any specific adverse condition situation that might affect your flight-planned routing. Likewise, automatic monitoring provided by the SE-SAR service enables the system to identify potential flight emergency situations and/or signals to promptly initiate search and rescue procedures for your aircraft.
Get weather wherever
The optional inReach weather forecast service provides detailed updates directly to your inReach Mini or compatible device paired with the Earthmate app, so you’ll know what conditions to expect en route. Basic and premium weather packages are offered. And you can request weather forecasts for your current location or any other waypoint or destination on your itinerary.
Rugged, robust inReach
Tough, durable, impact resistant (MIL-STD-810F) and water-rated to IPX7, inReach Mini is built to keep you up and running. It includes an internal, rechargeable lithium battery for up to 90 hours' use at the default 10-minute tracking mode and up to 24 days in power saving mode.2 Recharge via the microUSB power cable or optional in-vehicle 12-V charger.
Flexible satellite airtime plans
To access the Iridium network and communicate with your inReach Mini, an active satellite subscription is required. Depending on your usage level, you can opt for an annual contract package or flexible month-to-month airtime plan.
Includes unlimited cloud storage and trip planning
Every inReach device comes with free access to a cloud-powered portal to plan your trips with routes and waypoints, create pre-set messages and quick texts, sync and manage your device settings, update your firmware, link your social media accounts, store all your location tracking data and much more.
In The Box:
- inReach Mini
- Charging/data cable
- Carabiner clip
- Spine mount adapter
- Physical dimensions 5.17 x 9.9 x 2.61 cm
- Display size 23 x 23 mm
- Display resolution 128 x 128 pixels
- Display type Sunlight-readable, monochrome, transflective memory-in-pixel (MIP)
- Weight 100 g
- Battery rechargeable lithium-ion
- Battery life Up to 90 hours at 10-minute tracking (default); up to 35 hours at 10-minute tracking with 1-second logging; up to 24 days at 30-minute tracking power save mode; and up to 1 year when powered off
- Water rating IPX7
- Memory/history None
- High-sensitivity receiver
- Interface USB
Maps & memory
- Storage and power capacity None
- Waypoints/favourites/locations 500
- Routes 20
- Wireless compatible: Yes (Bluetooth®)
- Trigger an interactive SOS with 24/7 search and rescue monitoring centre: Yes
- Send and receive text messages to SMS and email: Yes
- Send and receive messages with other inReach users, exchange locations: Yes
- Track and share location with friends and family on web-based MapShare® portal: Yes
- Request weather forecasts for current location and planned destination: Yes
- Virtual keyboard for custom text messaging: Yes
- Send waypoints to MapShare portal during trip: Yes
- Send route selection to MapShare portal for friends and family to see progress: Yes