WHAT IS IT?
The first ASSOS cycling-specific high performance rainShell knickers and long pants.
All Season, but especially useful in colder riding conditions.
HOW TO USE IT?
Use it as your protective outer shell over your ASSOS shorts / knickers / tights in rainy or wet riding conditions.
Ideally used in combination with the rS.sturmPrinz (rainshell jacket), rainBootie, rain- Glove and rainCap, making it the perfect anti-rain outfit. In extreme conditions, in order to protect your lower leg as well, you can combine the hK.sturmNuss with the ASSOS after-Snowbootie or opt for the hL.sturmNuss, which features full-length protection.
Born from the idea to create an ultra-compact lower-body leg protection garment that can insulate you intelligently, without hindering any of your movements.
- Central panels most exposed to rain are made out of TRITON 2019 to ensure maximum protection. Side panels are made from 4-way stretch TRITON 0017 ultralight to ensure the sturmNuss follows your pedaling movements.
- The sturmNuss knicker features siliconized calf grippers, patterned to fall just below the kneecap.
- The sturmNuss longPant features a cleverly engineered lower calf zipper construction that enables the rider to put on / take off easily but ensures a snug, protected fit once on the bike.
- Both feature the ASSOS half-short specific waistband construction to eliminate unnecessary pressure on your abdomen.
- Taped seams where it makes sense.
Racing Cut. Ergonomically pre-shaped. Tailored to fit the body in the cycling position. Clicks on, then follows without restricting your movements.
Main fabric featured is TRITON (two versions), a brand new family of water protection fabrics, a custom-made ASSOS Textile Laboratory development specifically engineered for the ASSOS clima.X product range.
The ASSOS Textile Laboratory custom-made TRITON series of fabrics provide a superior impermeability / vapor permeability ratio. The TRITONS are able to adapt to changes in ambient temperatures thanks to flexible membrane barrier technology.
When the temperature is low, the membrane reduces permeability, helping retain body heat. As the temperature inside the garment rises, the membrane opens its pores, allowing accelerated vapor transfer. The TRITONS are textile compounds. This means the precious TRITON membrane inside is being protected by specific outer and inner fabric layers that ensure the process of staying dry from the inside as well the outside elements of vapor and water.
For the hL.sturmNuss, two variants of Triton are being used. The central panel features the heavier, more robust and more resistant TRITON 2019 fabric, whereas the side panels use the ultra light and extremely elastic TRITON 0017 textile.
- Construction Triton 2019 microThin triple-layer, vapor-sensitive
- shield composite
- Weight m2 163 g/m2
- Membrane microporous hydrophilic
- body temperature response
- flexible barrier function
- Impermeability YES 14.900mm H20
- Moisture Permeability 8.700/26 - 19.100/36 g/m2/24hrs
- Inverter Cup method
- Variable Thermoflex Membrane - RET -16
- Advantages low volume / high protection / silent fabric
TRITON is made in Switzerland in the village next door to ASSOS. Exclusively created by the ASSOS textile lab for the demands of high performance cycling under wet conditions. Not commercially available - only from ASSOS to ASSOS. Fabrics with greater water repellency do exist, but do they work on your bike in real world conditions? ASSOS fabrics are specifically designed for high performance cycling.
- Intelligently engineered, cycling-specific anti-rain device that works!
- Ergonomically pre-shaped to fit your body in the cycling position, ensuring total freedom of movement in and out of the saddle.
- Featuring ASSOS Textile laboratory custom-made anti-rain TRITON series of fabrics.
- Body temperature response function
- Low volume
- No-noise protection
- No abdominal pressure waistband construction
The ASSOS sturmNuss knickers and long pants represent a new genre of low volume, high performance rain protection devices specifically created for performance cycling or to be the ideal companion for long-distance touring. If you are a committed yearround rider, it's a must-have.
"I’d suggest that if you put style over performance these aren’t for you, but for truly wet rides I can think of nothing I’d rather ride in. " Read Full Review