Why buy bike from us?
The Xelius is the quintessential mountain bike.
First to reach the Alpe d’Huez summit during the 2015 Tour de France race with Thibaut Pinot at the helm, the Xelius SL has already won an impressive number of titles at major competitions. Highly versatile and featuring an outstanding weight/stiffness tradeoff, it will undoubtedly enable you to achieve your ambitions. Lightweight and comfortable, this model preserves its rider during climbs regardless of their difficulty, allowing you to grind through the kilometers under the best of conditions. For climbers and versatile racers seeking to take on the legendary mountain climbs.
The seat stays directly incorporated into the upper tube serve to transfer all vibrations stemming from the road straight to the upper tube without adversely affecting the cyclist. Our 3D Tubular technology also makes it possible to reduce the mechanical stresses, thanks to an assembly of extremely lightweight carbon fibers. Through this process, the Xelius SL 600 FDJ has gained renown as an industry reference in terms of comfort, weight reduction and efficiency.
By integrating an 11-speed, Shimano Ultegra 52/36 transmission plus an 11-28 cassette, it is the ideal accomplice when facing the most difficult climbs. This bike is fitted with a robust and lightweight, 100% carbon fork mount with a stiffer Direct Mount brake assembly for greater precision and power while braking. Its dynamic handling is perfectly controlled by the Mavic Ksyrium wheels mounted with Continental Ultra Sport tires. The comfort of the Fizik Antares saddle, combined with the ergonomics of the Zipp Racing Service peripherals, is a tremendous asset on your adventurous outings.
For all-rounders and climbers.
- Superlight Technology. Carbon layup ready for competition.
- Powerbox Technology for efficient pedaling.
- Lapierre’s patented Trap Door Technology: Di2 battery more easily accessible and low centre of gravity.
- 3D Tubular Technology : reduced weight and improved comfort.
- Frame : XELIUS SL CARBON
- Fork : XELIUS SL 100% CARBON
- Headset : FSA 1"1/8 - 1"1/4 ORBIT C-33 44E
- Bottom bracket : SHIMANO PRESSFIT SMBB7141B
- Crankset : SHIMANO ULTEGRA FC-R8000, 50x34T 170mm (XS,S) 172.5mm (M) 175mm (L,XL, XXL)
- Stem : ZIPP SERVICE COURSE B1 318 6° 31.8mm 90mm (XS,S) 100mm (M) 110mm (L) 120mm(XL) 130mm (XXL)
- Seatpost : LAPIERRE CARBON SP964 27.2x350mm
- Handlebar : ZIPP SC80 40cm (XS) 42cm (S,M,L) 44cm (XL, XXL)
- Front derailleur : SHIMANO ULTEGRA FD-R8000F
- Rear derailleur : SHIMANO ULTEGRA RD-R8000GS, 11s
- Brakes : SHIMANO ULTEGRA BR-R8010 DIRECTMOUNT / BR-R8000
- Shifters : SHIMANO ULTEGRA ST-R8000
- Saddle : FIZIK ANTARES R5 MG
- Wheel : MAVIC KSYRIUM
- Sprocket : SHIMANO 105 HG5800 11s 11-28T
- Tires : CONTINENTAL Ultra Sport 2 SL 700x25
- Weight : 7,9kg
We at Lapierre use four distinct fibre types, each with its own characteristics. Our engineers can use these different fibres to adapt the stiffness, flex and strength needed for the parts of the frame in question. High-strength fibre is what you will need for shock absorption and comfort: seatpost, chainstays, seatstays or even the whole frame. Very high-modulus, meanwhile, will have unyielding stiffness and efficiency. In our E-MTBs, we use 4 different type of fibres and we know how to get the best of each one: high resistance (24 tons), intermediate modulus (30 tons), high modulus (40 tons) and very high modulus (46 tons).
Power Box technology is made up of the down tube, bottom bracket shell and chainstays, which comprise one performance-dedicated whole. Increased lateral stiffness for maximum responsiveness and best possible pedal-power transfer, whether during bursts of acceleration, climbs or sprints.
SAT (SHOCK ABSORPTION TECHNOLOGY)
An elastomer damper between top tube and seat tube, which absorbs and dissipates vibration for better comfort and roadholding. Vertical vibration is cut out by the seatstays, then by the rubber and, lastly, by the seat tube. SAT’s shock-absorption capacity is mainly based on our carbon build methods and it makes it possible, in particular, to produce seat tubes that flex more, since they are cut off from the rest of the frame. The elastomer damper acts as a buffer for better cushioning of bumps and vibration. Unbeatable comfort over long distances and on tough road surfaces.
TDT (TRAPDOOR TECHNOLOGY)
This Lapierre patent pending Technology integrates the Di2 battery neatly in the frame. With a quick and easy trap door to access, TDT makes the mechanics job faster and lowers the centre of gravity, making pedalling more efficient.
For our Xelius SL and Aircode SL models, we do work specifically focused on applying multiple layers of carbon one on top of the other. The aim is to achieve the perfect balance between weight and stiffness.
Note: Manufacturer may reserve the right to change the specification of that listed or shown on this page.
This could include but not limited to specification or colour
Trade-in Your old bike
You can trade in your old bike for instant credit in our store. You can use your credit against all products in store.
Trade-In Your old bike - Step by step:
- Bring the bike you would like to trade-in to our store
- Please ask for the person in charge of Used Bikes
- Our Buyers will assess your bike and offer you a Trade-in credit
- Avail of instant credit from your trade-in
- Credit can be used against ALL goods in store. Sale prices will still apply
- Ride away on your new bike!
Terms & Conditions
- We only accept bikes in the resale value range of €200 - €1,200
- Bikes must be clean and fit for resale
- You will be required to produce photo ID which we will scan and keep on file