Why buy bike from us?
Meet the Aerium C:68 SL
get your competition really worried
Want to test your own limits and leave the competition behind? The no-compromise Aerium C:68 SL is the perfect tool for the job. Developed in conjunction with the ærodynamics and Formula One specialists at SwissSide, this no-holds-barred speed machine leaves UCI regulations behind in the quest for ultimate performance.
Wind tunnel testing, real world data-logging and fastidious attention to detail make this the fastest triathlon machine out there in our testing. Equipped with Shimano's new Ultegra Di2 components and Magura hydraulic rim brakes, you've everything you need to set new personal records - and get your competition really worried.
There's more to developing a wind-cheating bike than giving it lots of 'æro' shaped tubes. That's why we worked with the development team at Formula One specialists SwissSide, whose experience in reducing drag proved invaluable in building a new standard in triathlon bikes.
Wind tunnel testing helped us to reduce the effects of crosswinds and turbulence, giving the Aerium C:68 SL not just incredible straight line speed but impressive stability out in real world riding conditions, too. Low seatstays help to reduce the frontal area, while the unique slotted head tube acts as a spoiler. The hydraulic brake system, developed in conjunction with Magura, is designed for quick wheel changing and easy adjustment - and, of course, all cables and hoses are hidden away, out of the wind. We know from our testing that this is the best triathlon bike out there. All it's lacking... is you.
- Frame: Aerium C:68 Monocoque Advanced Twin Mold Technology, Twin Head Tube
- Fork: CUBE Aerium C:68 Aero, Full Integrated
- Headset: FSA Orbit I, 1 1/8" integrated
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano Ultegra Di2 RD-8050-DSS, 11-Speed
- Front Derailleur: Shimano Ultegra Di2 FD-R8050-F
- Shifters: Shimano Dura Ace Di2 SW-R9150 TT
- Brake System: Magura RT Aero Carbon, Hydr. Rim Brake
- Crankset: Shimano Ultegra FC-R8000, 53x39T, 170mm (XS/S/M), 172.5mm (L)
- Chain: Shimano CN-HG600-11
- Handlebar Tape: CUBE Grip Control
- Brake Levers: Shimano Dura Ace Di2 SW-R9160 TT
- Casette: Shimano Ultegra CS-R8000, 11-25T
- Wheelset: Fulcrum Racing 44 Aero C17, QR/QR
- Tyres: Conti Grand Prix Attack & Force Kevlar
- Saddle: Fizik Arione R7
- Seat Post: CUBE Aerium C:68 Aero
- Seatclamp: CUBE Aerium Integrated
- Bar Extensions: Profile Design T5+ Carbon
- Integrated bar/stem: CUBE C:68 Cockpit System
- Weight: 9,8 kg
Advanced Twin Mold
This technique uses a complete core to provide the perfect frame form during the lay-up process. As with the Twin Mold technology, precise inserts are used to ensure extra strength at high-stress frame points. This combination offers maximum control over fibre orientations during the lay-up and production process. The Advanced Twin Mold high-tech carbon manufacturing process translates to outstanding product safety and quality together with optimum weight and stiffness characteristics.
C:68 Carbon Fiber Technology
CUBE’s highly innovative new C:68 carbon fibre technology allows us to build better bikes than ever. Typically, carbon fibre frames are around 60% carbon fibre, with the rest being the resin that bonds the fibres together. By distributing carbon fibres evenly, we can make thinner layers within the frame and reduce the amount of resin. Those fibres are a mixture of Ultra High Modulus, High Modulus Spread Tow and Intermediate Modulus carbon, each chosen for the needs of the particular area of the frame. Nanoparticles within the resin itself allows it to be distributed more evenly when under pressure in the frame mould. The result is a range of frames with 68% carbon fibre – lower weight, higher stiffness, more fun.
Perfect aerodynamics and geometry adjustment characterize this package to the smallest detail the light and stiff Advanced Twin Mold carbon frame with horizontal dropouts is designed for the use of electronic circuit components to minimize air resistance. Battery and cable are hiding elegantly in the framework and also the brakes fit perfectly together with the Aerium Super HPC carbon fork.
Frame Safe System
To protect our high-end aluminium frames from damage, they are built with the CUBE Frame Save System replaceable derailleur hanger. The mounting thread is in the hanger and not in the frame as usual. In case of a crash, this hanger can be easily and quickly replaced by a new one.
Press Fit BB
With Press Fit bearings, the bottom bracket bearings are pressed directly into the frame and not screwed in as usual. This gives a wider bottom bracket shell and allows us to build a wider down tube and more broadly-spaced chainstays. Every millimetre of additional width gives a significant improvement in lateral stiffness.
Integrated Cable Routing
Internally routed cables offer many advantages. Cables are protected from dirt for longer life, weight is saved thanks to the absence of external housing and the bike has a clean, sleek appearance.
Note: Manufacturer may reserve the right to change the specification of that listed or shown on this page.
This could include but not limited to specification or colour
Trade-in Your old bike
You can trade in your old bike for instant credit in our store. You can use your credit against all products in store.
Trade-In Your old bike - Step by step:
- Bring the bike you would like to trade-in to our store
- Please ask for the person in charge of Used Bikes
- Our Buyers will assess your bike and offer you a Trade-in credit
- Avail of instant credit from your trade-in
- Credit can be used against ALL goods in store. Sale prices will still apply
- Ride away on your new bike!
Terms & Conditions
- We only accept bikes in the resale value range of €200 - €1,200
- Bikes must be clean and fit for resale
- You will be required to produce photo ID which we will scan and keep on file