There’s a thousand ways to every goal
Some people say it doesn’t matter which path you take, as long as you arrive at your destination. But you know better than that. Riding is not about a destination. It’s about being on the road, whether that road is smoothly paved or full of potholes and cracks. It’s about tackling mountains and steep grades, with a sense of awe for the accomplishments of body and bike. And it’s about sharing that awe with friends – or savouring it alone. So yes, it truly matters which choices you make. Because in the end, they determine how far you will go. On your ride. Your route. Your Ultegra.
The RD-R8000 rear derailleur creates a reduction in shifting effort at the lever, at the same time remaining sure, quick and precise. The groupset offers two specific rear derailleurs: one for cassettes 11-25 and 11-30 and one for cassettes 11-28 and 11-34, securing a smooth ride in even the highest and steepest mountain areas. Due to the integrated Shadow RD Technology with its race-proven, low profile design, the derailleur is more compact and fits closer to the frame, ensuring less damage in a crash.
- Ultegra Shadow design rear derailleur with wide link design gives quick accurate shifts and excellent drivetrain efficiency
- Sleek appearance with Low profile Shadow design construction reduces risk of damage in a crash
- Wide outer link plates increase pivot joint rigidity to reduce shifting deflection
- Lightweight aluminium pulley cage helps reduce weight without sacrificing shifting performance
- Wide gear ratio compatible with 11-28 up to 11-34T
- Maximum Sprocket: 30T
- Minimum Sprocket: 11T
- Maximum Front Difference: 16T
- Average Weight: 200 g (SS type), 210 g (GS type)
Manufacturer's Code: RDR8000GS, RDR8000SS