This proven hybrid alloy/carbon Wheel-Tire System is super-efficient on flat and rolling terrain and now has a lower weight along with the awesome braking power provided by our Exalith braking technology. Exalith is produced with a chemical treatment that reinforces the rim profile, making it less prone to wear on the brake track. It reduces braking distance by 18% compared to a traditional alloy rim in both wet and dry conditions.
The rim is engineered with a smart blend of alloy and carbon and has an aerodynamic NACA profile (45mm deep, 25mm wide) for low drag and reliable crosswind stability. The carbon adds lateral stiffness for instant acceleration, and the aluminum brake track produces reliable braking performance with a stable platform for clincher tires. Our exclusive Maxtal alloy and ISM (Inter Spoke Milling) technology saves weight without sacrificing durability. A new patented aerodynamic spoke shape saves additional watts, and the rear hub features our Instant Drive 360 freewheel system for snappy engagement, super smooth bearings and high durability.
The system includes a 25mm Yksion Pro Griplink tire up front, optimized for grip, and a Yksion Pro Powerlink rear tire for efficiency and acceleration. Both have specific tread patterns to optimize performance grip in all conditions.
Sprint faster and slice through wind easier
- 45mm deep NACA profile produces low drag in varying conditions
- 25mm external rim width is optimized for a 25mm tire for low drag and predictable crosswind performance
- Patented elliptical spokes further enhance aerodynamics
Climb and accelerate quicker
- 17mm internal rim width offers and 25mm tires, offers low rolling resistance and a smoother ride
- The Instant Drive 360 freewheel delivers faster engagement
- Wheelset weighs only 1650g
Descend with more confidence and control
- Exalith rim technology reduces braking distances 18% on average in wet or dry conditions
- Reduced rim wear increases longevity, and a matte black finish lasts for thousands of kilometers
- Rear axle: Quick Release only
- Front axle: Quick Release only
- Freewheel: Shimano/Sram, convertible to Campagnolo and XD-R with optional driver bodies
- Tyre 700x25: 210 grams
- Pair without tyre: 1690 grams
- Front without tyre: 755 grams
- Rear without tyre: 925 grams
- Front bearings : adjustable sealed cartridge bearings (QRM+), Rear bearings : auto adjust sealed cartridge bearings (QRM Auto)
- Freewheel: Instant Drive 360
- Front and rear bodies: aluminum
- Axle material: aluminum
- Max. Pressure: 23mm 8.7 bars - 125 psi, 25/28mm 7.7 bars - 110 psi
- For a longer longevity of the wheel, Mavic recommends that the total weight supported by the wheels don't exceed 120kg, bike included
- ASTM CATEGORY 1 : road only
- Recommended tyre sizes: 25 to 32 mm
- ETRTO size: 622x17C
- Brake track: Exalith 2
- Drilling: traditional
- Internal width: 17 mm
- Material: Maxtal and 12K carbon fiber
- Height: 45 mm
- Valve hole diameter: 6.5 mm
- Tyre: clincher
- Weight reduction: ISM
- Joint: SUP
- Shape: straight pull, aero, double butted
- Nipples: aluminum, ABS
- Material: steel
- Lacing: front radial, rear Isopulse
- Count: front 16, rear 20
- Breaker: Front Kevlar, Rear polyamide
- Dimension: 25-622 (700x25c)
- Yksion Pro GripLink (front) & PowerLink (rear)
- Front and Rear Tread: Single Compound
- Casing: 127 TPI
In The Box
- Multifonction adjustment wrench
- Exalith brake pads
- BR301 quick releases
- Rim tape
- User guide
- GripLink: Grip and control. A front tyre, whether a clincher or a tubular, must fully liberate the wheel’s ability to hold the ground and control the bike. Therefore, GripLink tyres are optimized for front use, by offering a superior grip and extra puncture protection.
- SUP Stronger and smoother joint. Soudé Usiné Process. After bending, the rim joint is arc welded. The welded seam is then milled for a smooth finish.
- PowerLink: Low rolling resistance. A rear tyre, whether a clincher or a tubular, must fully liberate the wheel’s ability to transfer power and generate speed. Therefore, PowerLink tyres are optimized for rear wheel use, by minimizing the rolling resistance.
- QRM+: Qualité de Roulements Mavic. Mavic only uses high quality sealed cartridge bearings. On QRM wheels, they feature double sealing (2RS or LLU) together with tight C3 internal clearance.
- ISM Inter Spoke Milling. An exclusive Mavic patented concept, ISM involves the machining of the lower bridge of the rim between each spoke hole to create a light and rigid rim without reducing the durability of the rim.
Manufacturer's Code: P82 761 30