Why buy bike from us?
There's no escaping it: getting around town quickly and easily these days clearly means a switch from cars to bikes.
They're fast, stress-free and good for you - a triple win. But anyone contemplating the switch needs a bike geared towards the specific demands of the urban environment. That's where the CUBE Hyde comes in. With a revised frame for 2018, this lightweight urban machine is the ideal companion for tackling the mean streets of the city. From the powerful hydraulic disc brakes' all-weather stopping power, to the fast-rolling tyres and slick-shifting Shimano 27 speed transmission, it's all the bike you need to beat the traffic. More than that, it's light and lively enough to do double duty as your weekend ticket out into the countryside. One bike, many reasons: that's the Hyde.
- Frame: Aluminium Superlite Urban 29 Double Butted
- Fork: Aluminium Rigid Fork 29" Taper
- Headset: FSA Orbit 1.5B ZS-1, Semi-Integrated, Top 1 1/8" Bottom 1 1/2"
- Stem: CUBE Performance Stem Pro, 31.8mm
- Handlebars: CUBE Flat Race Bar, 660mm
- Grips: CUBE Performance Grip
- Rear derailleur: Shimano Deore RD-M592, 9-Speed
- Front derailleur: Shimano Acera FD-T3000, Topswing, 31.8mm
- Shifters: Shimano SL-M3000
- Brake system: Shimano BR-M315, Hydr. Disc Brake (160/160)
- Crankset: Shimano Acera FC-T3010, 48x36x26T, 175mm, BB-UN100, Chainguard
- Chain KMC X9
- Cassette: Shimano CS-HG200, 11-34T
- Front hub: Shimano HB-TX505, QR, Centerlock
- Rear hub: Shimano FH-TX505, QR, Centerlock
- Rims: CUBE UX24, 32H, Disc, Tubeless Ready
- Tyres: Schwalbe Big Apple, Active, 29x2.15
- Pedals: CUBE PP MTB
- Saddle: Selle Royal Prestige
- Seat post: CUBE Performance Post, 27.2mm
- Seatclamp: CUBE Screwlock, 31.8mm
- Weight: 13,6 kg
Looking for inspiration for our urban mile-muncher, our engineers borrowed tech and experience from our light, fast and versatile 29er mountain bike range. For 2018 they added new rack and mudguard mounts for faster, easier and more secure mounting of these essential accessories - so you can customise your Hyde to fit seamlessly into your life. The sleek rigid fork matches the frame's looks perfectly and offers crisp, precise steering. Space for two drink bottles means long weekend rides are well within your reach, and we even reduced maintenance time and tidied up the frame's appearance by routing gear cables internally.
Advanced Mechanical Forming
With our Advanced Mechanical Forming technology we can mechanically transform different frame tubes and thus optimize them without material-wearing welding work for the respective requirements. Along the obtained organic look, the production method is primarily motivated by functional reasons. Multiple converted tubes enable us to manufacture lighter and also stiffer aluminum frames.
6061 aluminium alloy requires a heat treatment for the finished product. It is a stiff, very corrosion resistant, fatigue resistant,high-elongation material suitable for light tubesets with high stiffness.
Easy Mount Kickstand
The Easy Mount Kick Stand is a new system developed and designed by CUBE. The base of the stand is mounted from below to a fitting plate integrated to the frame and fixed with a through bolt. This kick stand is extremely stiff and solid through the enlarged contact areas between base and frame which gives a stable stand even with loaded panniers.
Frame Safe System
To protect our high-end aluminium frames from damage, they are built with the CUBE Frame Save System replaceable derailleur hanger. The mounting thread is in the hanger and not in the frame as usual. In case of a crash, this hanger can be easily and quickly replaced by a new one.
Integrated Cable Routing
Internally routed cables offer many advantages. Cables are protected from dirt for longer life, weight is saved thanks to the absence of external housing and the bike has a clean, sleek appearance.
Wet Paint Surface
On polished, brushed aluminium and all HPC frames, the logos and graphics are applied in multi-layer wet paint. We use this surface treatment technology mainly to save weight.
Note: Manufacturer may reserve the right to change the specification of that listed or shown on this page.
This could include but not limited to specification or colour
Trade-in Your old bike
You can trade in your old bike for instant credit in our store. You can use your credit against all products in store.
Trade-In Your old bike - Step by step:
- Bring the bike you would like to trade-in to our store
- Please ask for the person in charge of Used Bikes
- Our Buyers will assess your bike and offer you a Trade-in credit
- Avail of instant credit from your trade-in
- Credit can be used against ALL goods in store. Sale prices will still apply
- Ride away on your new bike!
Terms & Conditions
- We only accept bikes in the resale value range of €200 - €1,200
- Bikes must be clean and fit for resale
- You will be required to produce photo ID which we will scan and keep on file