Why buy bike from us?
The perfect blend of confident and capable. Designed to help you take your road riding to the next level, Contend SL Disc is your ticket to longer rides, faster speeds, and more fun than you ever imagined.
Engineered with Giant’s lightweight ALUXX SL aluminum frame technology, Contend SL Disc delivers a confident ride quality that’s lightweight, compliant and balanced for a wide variety of road riding enthusiasts. Seamless disc-brake integration gives you more control regardless of road or weather conditions, and there’s enough frame and fork clearance to run tires up to 28c in diameter. The innovative D-Fuse composite seatpost cuts down road vibrations, delivering a smoother, more efficient ride.
Balanced road geometry
Frame is specifically engineered to produce a balanced, all-rounder feel that blends confident rider positioning with agile cornering and acceleration.
Smooth ride quality
Innovative D-Fuse composite seatpost design reduces road shocks and vibrations for a smooth ride quality that improves comfort and minimizes fatigue.
Seamless disc brake integration produces more consistent braking power for better control, even in wet weather and rough roads.
- Frame:ALUXX SL-Grade Aluminum
- Fork:hybrid composite, OverDrive steerer, disc
- Handlebar:Giant Connect
- Stem:Giant Connect
- Seatpost:Giant D-Fuse composite
- Saddle:Contact (forward)
- Shifters:Shimano 105
- Front Derailleur:Shimano 105
- Rear Derailleur:Shimano 105
- Brakes:Giant Conduct SL
- Brake Levers:Shimano 105
- Cassette:Shimano 105, 11x34
- Chain:KMC X11EL-1
- Crankset:FC-RS510, 34/50
- Bottom Bracket:Shimano Press Fit
- Rims:Giant P-R2 Disc wheelset
- Hubs:Giant P-R2 Disc wheelset
- Spokes:Giant P-R2 Disc wheelset
- Tires:Giant P-R3 AC, front and rear specific, 700x28, folding
ALUXX SL Aluminum Technology
This High-Performance level, state-of-the-art aluminum material is made predominantly from 6011 alloy and delivers best-in-class strength-to-weight ratios. These framesets also feature unique welding technologies for a high-performance ride quality.
Compact Road Design
Introduced by Giant with the professional Team ONCE in the 1990s, Compact Road revolutionized the look and feel of high-performance road bikes forever. A downward sloping toptube (from the headtube to the seattube) creates smaller front and rear triangles for a lighter, stiffer bike. It also makes it easier for riders of all sizes to have a perfect fit.
The D-Fuse seatpost and handlebar were designed to function as a system, absorbing road shocks and vibrations so you can ride farther, faster.
Giant’s original oversized fork steerer tube technology. Designed to provide precise front-end steering performance, the system’s oversized headset bearings (1 1/4” lower and 1 1/8” upper for road, 1 1/2” lower and 1 1/8” upper for mountain) and tapered steerer tube work in conjunction to provide optimal steering stiffness.
Fewer flat tires. Greater traction. Less rolling resistance and a smoother, faster ride. Giant’s Tubeless System makes it easier than ever to experience all these benefits.
Note: Manufacturer may reserve the right to change the specification of that listed or shown on this page.
This could include but not limited to specification or colour
Trade-in Your old bike
You can trade in your old bike for instant credit in our store. You can use your credit against all products in store.
Trade-In Your old bike - Step by step:
- Bring the bike you would like to trade-in to our store
- Please ask for the person in charge of Used Bikes
- Our Buyers will assess your bike and offer you a Trade-in credit
- Avail of instant credit from your trade-in
- Credit can be used against ALL goods in store. Sale prices will still apply
- Ride away on your new bike!
Terms & Conditions
- We only accept bikes in the resale value range of €200 - €1,200
- Bikes must be clean and fit for resale
- You will be required to produce photo ID which we will scan and keep on file