Why buy bike from us?
Meet the Cross Race SL
totally geared for performance, so you can ride at your best.
Our advanced mechanical forming process meant that our engineers were able to manipulate tube shapes to create the ideal blend of stiffness and comfort, as well as adding an ergonomically shaped top tube for more comfortable carrying.
We added 12mm thru axles to ensure maximum steering precision in even the toughest of riding conditions, but we also remembered that riders need comfort too - even on race day. So we incorporated slender seat stays and a vibration-absorbing carbon fork, too. Mud-proof internal cable routing will keep your shifting clean and precise, race after race - just one of the little details taht will help ensure the best performance, off-road or on.
The competition had better be ready for this.
Our high-end cyclocross race machine is as subtly understated as it is uncompromisingly rapid - truly, a wolf in sheep's clothing. We've thrown all our aluminium frame building expertise at the Cross Race SL, added a cyclocross-specific carbon fork and powerful Shimano Ultegra hydraulic disc brakes, then added Shimano's super-reliable 2x11 Ultegra transmission for clean, precise shifts, race after race. To all of which we can only add one thing: with a bike this good, it's a shame the 'cross season is so short.
- Frame: Aluminium Superlite, Double Butted, Advanced Mechanical Forming, Smooth Welded, Internal Cable Routing, Flat Mount Disc, 12x142mm, AXH
- Fork: CUBE Cross Race Disc, Carbon, 1 1/8" - 1 1/2" Tapered, Flat Mount
- Headset: FSA Orbit Z-t ECO, Top Zero-Stack 1 1/8" (OD 44mm), Bottom Integrated 1 1/2"
- Stem: CUBE Performance Stem Pro, 31.8mm
- Handlebar: CUBE Compact Race Bar
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano Ultegra RD-R8000-DGS, 11-Speed
- Front Derailleur: Shimano Ultegra FD-R8000-BM, 31.8mm
- Brake System: Shimano Ultegra BR-R8070, Hydr. Disc Brake, Flat Mount (160/160)
- Crankset: Shimano Ultegra FC-R8000, 11-Speed, 46x36T, 170mm (50/53cm), 172.5mm (56cm), 175mm (58/61cm)
- Chain: Shimano CN-HG601-11
- Handlebar Tape: CUBE Grip Control
- Shift/Brake Levers: Shimano Ultegra ST-R8020
- Casette: Shimano 105 CS-R7000, 11-32T
- Wheelset: CUBE RA 0.8 CX
- Tyres: Schwalbe X-One Allround, Kevlar, 33-622
- Saddle: CUBE RP 1.0
- Seat Post: CUBE Performance Post, 27.2mm
- Seatclamp: CUBE Screwlock, 31.8 mm
- Weight: 10 kg
Adaptable X12 Hanger
We optimized our new dropout design based on the Syntace X12 through-axle system, enlarging the area of the frame where the hanger is mounted. We can now fit the longer Direct Mount hangers. Shifting precision and stiffness is therefore improved. With the new design it's also possible to swap the whole contact area of the axle with the hanger should the system be worn out.
Integrated Cable Routing
Internally routed cables offer many advantages. Cables are protected from dirt for longer life, weight is saved thanks to the absence of external housing and the bike has a clean, sleek appearance.
Press Fit BB
With Press Fit bearings, the bottom bracket bearings are pressed directly into the frame and not screwed in as usual. This gives a wider bottom bracket shell and allows us to build a wider down tube and more broadly-spaced chainstays. Every millimetre of additional width gives a significant improvement in lateral stiffness.
Extremely high tensile strength heat-treated 7005 aluminium alloy is developed for the highest requirements. It is very stiff, fatigue resistant, corrosion resistant and has high elongation. Our Superlite tubes are double butted, giving very light tubesets with a high level of stiffness.
TAPERED HEAD TUBE
This steerer tube design is stiffer than a conventional straight steerer and yields a more secure ride feel even in difficult terrain. Minimal flex at the front of the frame means the greatest possible steering precision. With the larger steerer, the forks become more rigid. At the same time weight is saved due to the absence of bearing shells as the lower bearing is fully integrated into the head tube. On all of our CUBE carbon models the upper bearing shells are also directly in the frame, so that once more a few grams are saved and the energy transfer is very direct.
WET PAINT SURFACE
On polished, brushed aluminium and all HPC frames, the logos and graphics are applied in multi-layer wet paint. We use this surface treatment technology mainly to save weight.
Note: Manufacturer may reserve the right to change the specification of that listed or shown on this page.
This could include but not limited to specification or colour
Trade-in Your old bike
You can trade in your old bike for instant credit in our store. You can use your credit against all products in store.
Trade-In Your old bike - Step by step:
- Bring the bike you would like to trade-in to our store
- Please ask for the person in charge of Used Bikes
- Our Buyers will assess your bike and offer you a Trade-in credit
- Avail of instant credit from your trade-in
- Credit can be used against ALL goods in store. Sale prices will still apply
- Ride away on your new bike!
Terms & Conditions
- We only accept bikes in the resale value range of €200 - €1,200
- Bikes must be clean and fit for resale
- You will be required to produce photo ID which we will scan and keep on file