Why buy bike from us?
Meet the Aerium C:68 SLT
utterly uncompromsing in both design and execution
If you're the kind of rider who doesn't compromise on training, you'll want a bike that'll match your efforts. The CUBE Aerium C:68 SLT is that bike - utterly uncompromsing in both design and execution.
Developed in conjunction with the ærodynamics specialists at SwissSide, our engineering team began by ditching UCI regulations and setting a new goal: sheer, unadulterated speed. Using a combination of sophisticated modelling, wind tunnel testing and real world data-logging, the result is a bike that out-performs all its competitors in our tests. Built with a similarly uncompromising selection of high end components, there simply isn't a better machine for shaving seconds off your personal bests and improving your race positions. We even took into account the need to refuel on the move, designing custom integrated food and hydration compartments that are fully accessible in the æro position. This bike is ready to race and to win. Are you?
Wind is the biggest barrier to higher speed out on the road. That's why we started from scratch with the Aerium C:68 SLT, testing and re-testing different concepts with the SwissSide engineering team until we'd arrived at the fastest, most stable chassis design possible.
We incorporated feedback from pro and amateur athletes alongside our wind tunnel tests, computer modelling and data-logging. The result? A frame that slices through the air, thanks to its frontal area-reducing dropped seatstays and the unique slotted head tube design. It's even stable in cross-winds; something that not all æro bikes can claim. Sophisticated C:68 Twin Mould construction enabled us to incorporate food storage and a drinking system, both of which can be accessed without leaving the æro position. With completely enclosed cables and hydraulic brake hoses, every single detail is there for one purpose only: to help you to go faster.
- Frame: Aerium C:68 Monocoque Advanced Twin Mold Technology, Twin Head Tube
- Fork: CUBE Aerium C:68 Aero, Full Integrated
- Headset: FSA Orbit I, 1 1/8" integrated
- Rear Derailleur: Sram Red eTap
- Front Derailleur: Sram Red eTap
- Shifters: Sram Red eTap Blips
- Brake System: Magura RT Aero Carbon, Hydr. Rim Brake
- Crankset: Sram Red Carbon, 53x39T, 170mm (XS/S/M), 172.5mm (L)
- Chain: Sram Red22
- Handlebar Tape: CUBE Grip Control
- Brake Levers: Sram Red eTap Clics
- Casette: Sram XG-1190, 11-25T
- Wheelset: SwissSide HADRON Ultimate 800
- Tyres: Conti Grand Prix Attack & Force Kevlar
- Saddle: Fizik Arione 00 Carbon
- Seat Post: CUBE Aerium C:68 Aero
- Seatclamp: CUBE Aerium Integrated
- Bar Extensions: Profile Design T5+ Carbon
- Integrated bar/stem: CUBE C:68 Cockpit System
- Weight: 8,9 kg
Advanced Twin Mold
This technique uses a complete core to provide the perfect frame form during the lay-up process. As with the Twin Mold technology, precise inserts are used to ensure extra strength at high-stress frame points. This combination offers maximum control over fibre orientations during the lay-up and production process. The Advanced Twin Mold high-tech carbon manufacturing process translates to outstanding product safety and quality together with optimum weight and stiffness characteristics.
C:68 Carbon Fiber Technology
CUBE’s highly innovative new C:68 carbon fibre technology allows us to build better bikes than ever. Typically, carbon fibre frames are around 60% carbon fibre, with the rest being the resin that bonds the fibres together. By distributing carbon fibres evenly, we can make thinner layers within the frame and reduce the amount of resin. Those fibres are a mixture of Ultra High Modulus, High Modulus Spread Tow and Intermediate Modulus carbon, each chosen for the needs of the particular area of the frame. Nanoparticles within the resin itself allows it to be distributed more evenly when under pressure in the frame mould. The result is a range of frames with 68% carbon fibre – lower weight, higher stiffness, more fun.
Perfect aerodynamics and geometry adjustment characterize this package to the smallest detail the light and stiff Advanced Twin Mold carbon frame with horizontal dropouts is designed for the use of electronic circuit components to minimize air resistance. Battery and cable are hiding elegantly in the framework and also the brakes fit perfectly together with the Aerium Super HPC carbon fork.
Frame Safe System
To protect our high-end aluminium frames from damage, they are built with the CUBE Frame Save System replaceable derailleur hanger. The mounting thread is in the hanger and not in the frame as usual. In case of a crash, this hanger can be easily and quickly replaced by a new one.
Press Fit BB
With Press Fit bearings, the bottom bracket bearings are pressed directly into the frame and not screwed in as usual. This gives a wider bottom bracket shell and allows us to build a wider down tube and more broadly-spaced chainstays. Every millimetre of additional width gives a significant improvement in lateral stiffness.
Integrated Cable Routing
Internally routed cables offer many advantages. Cables are protected from dirt for longer life, weight is saved thanks to the absence of external housing and the bike has a clean, sleek appearance.
Note: Manufacturer may reserve the right to change the specification of that listed or shown on this page.
This could include but not limited to specification or colour
Trade-in Your old bike
You can trade in your old bike for instant credit in our store. You can use your credit against all products in store.
Trade-In Your old bike - Step by step:
- Bring the bike you would like to trade-in to our store
- Please ask for the person in charge of Used Bikes
- Our Buyers will assess your bike and offer you a Trade-in credit
- Avail of instant credit from your trade-in
- Credit can be used against ALL goods in store. Sale prices will still apply
- Ride away on your new bike!
Terms & Conditions
- We only accept bikes in the resale value range of €200 - €1,200
- Bikes must be clean and fit for resale
- You will be required to produce photo ID which we will scan and keep on file