Rugged, Full-featured Handheld with GPS and GLONASS
The rugged GPSMAP® 64 handheld navigator features a high-sensitivity GPS and GLONASS receiver with a quad helix antenna for fast fix and superior reception, 3.5 GB of internal memory giving plenty of space for tracks and caches and a microSD card slot for additional mapping and an outdoor optimised dual battery system.
- 2.6" sunlight-readable colour screen
- High-sensitivity GPS and GLONASS receiver with a quad helix antenna
- Preloaded option with TOPO UK & Ireland Light map& Ireland Light map featuring Garmin activity optimised routing
- Also includes Worldwide basemap with shaded relief
- Outdoor optimised dual battery system
- 3.5 GB of internal memory and a microSD™ card slot
- 250,000 preloaded caches for paperless caching from Geocaching.com
Keep Your Fix
With its quad helix antenna and high-sensitivity GPS and GLONASS receiver, GPSMAP 64 locates your position quickly and precisely and maintains its location even in thick forest and deep valleys. The advantage is clear — whether you’re under heavy tree cover or just near tall buildings and trees, you can count on GPSMAP 64 to help you find your way when you need it the most.
Rely on the Outdoor Pro
GPSMAP 64 is a truly outdoor optimised GPS Handheld, every feature of this device is designed to operate reliably in the most harsh and challenging environments. To guarantee great readability under any condition GPSMAP 64 has a brilliant 2,6’’ sunlight-readable colour screen and is easy to operate with any kind of gloves in a shaky, cold or wet environment because it relies on a button based user interface. To guarantee convenience and maximum freedom on the go the dual battery system allows the use of a battery pack for convenient charging in the device or conventional AA batteries. Fully charged the GPSMAP 64 lasts up to 16 hours which gives you sufficient power in reserve on a day trip in case of unexpected holdups.
Explore the Terrain
GPSMAP 64 comes with a comprehensive set of navigation features. Use waypoints, tracks and routes to navigate with confidence off the beaten track and when you need to find your way safely home use TracBack to guide you.
Adding more maps to GPSMAP 64 is easy with our array of detailed topographic, marine and road maps. With 3.5 GB of onboard memory and a microSD card slot, you can conveniently load our Garmin GB Discoverer™ Ordnance Survey® 1:25k or 1:50k maps and hit the trail. Plug in BlueChart® g2 preloaded cards for a great day on the water or City Navigator NT® map data for turn-by-turn routing on roads (see maps tab for compatibility). GPSMAP 64 also supports BirdsEye™ Select maps that let you load high quality raster maps onto your device and integrate them with your other maps. In addition, the 64 is compatible with Garmin Custom Maps, a map format that allows you to transform paper and electronic maps easily into downloadable maps for your device, for free.
Available as a bundle with the "GB Discoverer 1:50k" Ordnance Survey maps for Great Britain on microSD™ card or preloaded with TOPO UK & Ireland Light map. Select option from the "Version" drop-down box at the top of the page.
GPSMAP 64 geocache
You can even display and enter coordinates in British Grid format, the grid used on Ordnance Survey maps.
GPSMAP 64 supports paperless geocaching with 250,000 preloaded caches with hints and descriptions from Geocaching.com and has a 16 hour battery life. By going paperless, you're not only helping the environment, but also improving efficiency. GPSMAP 64 stores and displays key information, including location, terrain, difficulty, hints and descriptions, which means there’s no more manually entering coordinates and paper printouts! Slim and lightweight, 64 is the perfect companion for all your outdoor pursuits.
Plan Your Next Trip
Take charge of your next adventure with Garmin's free trip planning software BaseCamp™ that lets you view and organise maps, waypoints, routes and tracks. BaseCamp even allows you to tell the story of your last outdoor experience in a new impressive way by creating Garmin Adventures that you can easily share with friends, family or fellow explorers. BaseCamp displays topographic map data in 2-D or 3-D on your computer screen, including contour lines and elevation profiles.
In The Box:
- GPSMAP 64
- Preloaded "TOPO UK & Ireland Light" map
- USB cable
- Physical dimensions 6.1 x 16.0 x 3.6 cm
- Display size 3.6 x 5.5 cm; 6.6 cm diagonal
- Display resolution 160 x 240 pixels
- Display type Transflective, 65-K color TFT
- Weight 260.1g with batteries
- Battery 2 AA batteries (not included); NiMH or Lithium recommended
- Battery life 16 hours
- Water rating IPX7
- Memory/history 3.5 GB
- High-sensitivity receiver
- Interface USB and NMEA 0183 compatible
Maps & memory
- Preloaded maps Yes (some versions)
- Ability to add maps
- Storage and power capacity microSD™ card (not included)
- Waypoints/favourites/locations 5000
- Routes 200
- Track log 10,000 points, 200 saved tracks
Outdoor recreation features
- Area calculation
- Automatic routing (turn by turn routing on roads) Yes (with optional mapping for detailed roads)
- Geocaching-friendly Yes (Paperless)
- Custom maps compatible
- Hunt/fish calendar
- Sun and moon information
- Picture viewer
- Garmin Connect™ compatible (online community where you analyse, categorise and share data)
- Antenna: Quad helix
- GLONASS: Yes
- Preloaded geocaching.com caches: 250,000
Manufacturer's Code: 020-00244-04