Why buy bike from us?
The perfect blend of confident and capable. This updated all-rounder helps you expand your road riding horizons with a lightweight aluminium frame and performance parts that can handle smooth roads, broken tarmac and everything in between.
Engineered with Giant’s lightweight ALUXX SL aluminium frame technology, the all-new Contend SL Disc delivers a confident ride quality that’s lightweight, compliant and balanced for a wide variety of road riding enthusiasts. Seamless disc-brake integration gives you more control regardless of road or weather conditions, and the innovative D-Fuse carbon composite seat post dampens road vibrations. Added tyre clearance (up to 32c) means you can now run larger volume tyres for a smoother ride quality.
Balanced road geometry
Frame is specifically engineered to produce a balanced, all-rounder feel that blends confident rider positioning with agile cornering and acceleration.
Smooth ride quality
Innovative D-Fuse carbon composite seat post design reduces road vibrations which, combined with a Giant wheel set that can take up to 32c tyres, ensures a smooth ride.
Seamless disc brake integration including flat mounts and 12mm front and rear thru-axles produces more consistent braking power for better control, even in wet weather and on rough roads.
- Frame: ALUXX SL-Grade Aluminum, disc
- Fork: Advanced-Grade Composite, full-composite OverDrive steerer, disc
- Shock: N/A
- Handlebar: Giant Connect
- Stem: Giant Contact
- Seatpost: Giant D-Fuse, composite
- Saddle: Giant Contact (forward)
- Pedals: N/A
- Shifters: Shimano 105
- Front Derailleur: Shimano 105
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano 105 SS
- Brakes: Shimano 105 hydraulic
- Brake Levers: Shimano 105
- Cassette: Shimano 105, 11x30
- Chain: KMC X11EL-1
- Crankset: Shimano FC-RS510, 36/52
- Bottom Bracket: Shimano, press fit
- Rims: Giant P-R2 Disc wheelset
- Hubs: Giant P-R2 Disc wheelset
- Spokes: Giant P-R2 Disc wheelset
- Tyres: Giant P-R3 AC, 700x28, folding
ALUXX Aluminum Technology
This Performance level frame material features 6061 alloy with single-butted tubes to produce strong, lightweight framesets for a variety of different bikes and riding styles.
Compact Road Design
When introduced by Giant in 1990s, Compact Road revolutionized the look and feel of high-performance road bikes forever. A downward sloping toptube (from the headtube to the seattube) creates smaller front and rear triangles for a lighter, stiffer bike. It also makes it easier for riders of all sizes to have a perfect fit.
Giant’s original oversized fork steerer tube technology. Designed to provide precise front-end steering performance, the system’s oversized headset bearings (1 1/4” lower and 1 1/8” upper for road, 1 1/2” lower and 1 1/8” upper for mountain) and tapered steerer tube work in conjunction to provide optimal steering stiffness.
Fewer flat tires. Greater traction. Less rolling resistance and a smoother, faster ride. Giant’s Tubeless System makes it easier than ever to experience all these benefits.
Note: Manufacturer may reserve the right to change the specification of that listed or shown on this page.
This could include but not limited to specification or colour
Trade-in Your old bike
You can trade in your old bike for instant credit in our store. You can use your credit against all products in store.
Trade-In Your old bike - Step by step:
- Bring the bike you would like to trade-in to our store
- Please ask for the person in charge of Used Bikes
- Our Buyers will assess your bike and offer you a Trade-in credit
- Avail of instant credit from your trade-in
- Credit can be used against ALL goods in store. Sale prices will still apply
- Ride away on your new bike!
Terms & Conditions
- We only accept bikes in the resale value range of €200 - €1,200
- Bikes must be clean and fit for resale
- You will be required to produce photo ID which we will scan and keep on file