Why buy bike from us?
Smooth, fast and fun. This versatile aluminium road bike has been revamped to give it a well-rounded performance ride quality. It’s the perfect choice to help you push the pace, ride more miles and expand your road riding experience.
Designed and developed for aspiring riders looking to elevate their experience on the road, Contend offers responsive acceleration and a confident rider position. The innovative D-Fuse seatpost helps reduce road shocks and vibrations, and there’s enough frame and fork clearance to run wider tyres (up to 32c) to further smooth out the ride. Engineered and built in Giant’s industry-leading aluminium forging facility, it’s a true all-rounder for ambitious road riders
Balanced road geometry
Frame is specifically engineered to produce a balanced, all-rounder feel that blends confident rider positioning with agile cornering and acceleration.
Smooth ride quality
Innovative D-Fuse seatpost design reduces road shocks and vibrations, and a Giant WheelSystem lets you run tyres up to 32c for a smoother ride quality.
Mounts for both rack and mudguards ensure that the Contend can deal with any type of riding no matter what the weather.
- Frame: ALUXX-Grade Aluminum
- Fork: Advanced-Grade Composite, full-composite OverDrive steerer
- Shock: N/A
- Handlebar: Giant Connect
- Stem: Giant Sport
- Seatpost: Giant D-Fuse, alloy
- Saddle: Giant Contact (forward)
- Pedals: Pedal with toe clips/straps
- Shifters: Shimano Sora
- Front Derailleur: Shimano Sora
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano Sora
- Brakes: Tektro TK-B177
- Brake Levers: Shimano Sora
- Cassette: Shimano CS-HG400, 11x34
- Chain: KMC X9
- Crankset: Shimano Sora, 34/50
- Bottom Bracket: cartridge
- Rims: Giant S-R3 wheelset
- Hubs: Giant S-R3 wheelset
- Spokes: Giant S-R3 wheelset
- Tyres: Giant P-R3 AC, 700x28, folding
ALUXX Aluminum Technology
This Performance level frame material features 6061 alloy with single-butted tubes to produce strong, lightweight framesets for a variety of different bikes and riding styles.
Compact Road Design
When introduced by Giant in 1990s, Compact Road revolutionized the look and feel of high-performance road bikes forever. A downward sloping toptube (from the headtube to the seattube) creates smaller front and rear triangles for a lighter, stiffer bike. It also makes it easier for riders of all sizes to have a perfect fit.
Giant’s original oversized fork steerer tube technology. Designed to provide precise front-end steering performance, the system’s oversized headset bearings (1 1/4” lower and 1 1/8” upper for road, 1 1/2” lower and 1 1/8” upper for mountain) and tapered steerer tube work in conjunction to provide optimal steering stiffness.
Fewer flat tires. Greater traction. Less rolling resistance and a smoother, faster ride. Giant’s Tubeless System makes it easier than ever to experience all these benefits.
Note: Manufacturer may reserve the right to change the specification of that listed or shown on this page.
This could include but not limited to specification or colour
Trade-in Your old bike
You can trade in your old bike for instant credit in our store. You can use your credit against all products in store.
Trade-In Your old bike - Step by step:
- Bring the bike you would like to trade-in to our store
- Please ask for the person in charge of Used Bikes
- Our Buyers will assess your bike and offer you a Trade-in credit
- Avail of instant credit from your trade-in
- Credit can be used against ALL goods in store. Sale prices will still apply
- Ride away on your new bike!
Terms & Conditions
- We only accept bikes in the resale value range of €200 - €1,200
- Bikes must be clean and fit for resale
- You will be required to produce photo ID which we will scan and keep on file