Amp up your trail riding adventures with this all-conquering 29er. Whether you’re gunning for faster enduro times or bagging a big trail loop, do it like a boss on this big-wheeled singletrack shredder.
It took years for our team of engineers, product designers and pro riders to create a new short-travel 29er that met their high standards. The wait was worth it. The latest iteration of this legendary trail bike marks a huge step forward, offering a true advantage in all-round trail performance. It starts with a full carbon frame that’s fitted with our most up-to-date Maestro suspension. The Advanced Forged Carbon Composite rocker arm and trunnion-mount shock help produce 115mm of smooth rear-wheel travel that’s active and sensitive to small bumps, giving you killer traction and confident control. Also, the frame geometry is updated with progressive head tube and seat tube angles, shorter chainstays and a longer top tube—all engineered to balance the speed and control of its 29-inch wheels with the agility you need to rail corners, hammer through rock gardens and do it all with confidence and control.
29er confidence and control
Larger 29-inch diameter wheels roll over rough terrain with balance and stability, giving you the momentum to tackle technical climbs and the confidence to fly on fast, rugged singletrack descents.
Latest suspension tech
Updated Maestro rear suspension features a trunnion mount shock with a longer stroke and smoother feel. With 115mm of full rear-wheel travel (and 130mm up front), it has the new Advanced Forged Carbon Composite upper rocker arm for increased stiffness and strength plus lower overall frame weight.
The lightweight Advanced-grade carbon frameset features updated geometry, including an aggressive 66.5-degree head tube angle and 74.5-degree seat tube angle, plus a 44mm fork offset. The result is agile and efficient climbing capabilities plus added control for high-speed descents.
- Frame: Advanced-Grade Composite front and rear triangles, 115mm
- Fork: Fox 34 Rhythm, 130mm, GRIP damper, Boost 15x110 QR, tapered
- Shock: Fox Float DPS Performance
- Handlebar: Giant Contact TR35, 780x35mm, 20mm rise
- Stem: Giant Contact SL 35
- Seatpost: Giant Contact Switch dropper with remote, 30.9
- Saddle: Giant Contact (neutral)
- Pedals: N/A
- Shifters: SRAM NX Eagle
- Front Derailleur: N/A
- Rear Derailleur: SRAM NX Eagle
- Brakes: SRAM guide T
- Brake Levers: SRAM guide T
- Cassette: SRAM NX Eagle, 11x50
- Chain: SRAM NX Eagle
- Crankset: TruVativ Descendent 6k DUB, 30t
- Bottom Bracket: SRAM DUB, press fit
- Rims: Giant TRX-1 29 Composite WheelSystem
- Hubs: Giant TRX-1 29 WheelSystem
- Spokes: Giant TRX-1 29 WheelSystem
- Tyres: [F] Maxxis Minion DHF 29x2.3, EXO, TR [R] Maxxis DHR II 29x2.3, EXO, TR, tubeless
Maestro Suspension Technology
Four strategically positioned pivot points and two linkages all work together to create a single floating pivot for the most active, efficient and independent suspension system on the trail.
Advanced Composite Technology
Giant’s High Performance Grade raw carbon material is used to produce this custom frame material in our own composite factory with a high stiffness-to-weight ratio. The front triangle of these framesets is assembled and molded as one continuous piece in a proprietary manufacturing process called Modified Monocoque Construction.
Advanced Forged Composite Technology
A state-of-the-art high-pressure molding process is used to produce complex-shaped carbon fiber components that are lighter, stiffer and stronger than similar components made from aluminum. This technology is used in critical performance parts such as Maestro Suspension rocker links.
Giant’s original oversized fork steerer tube technology. Designed to provide precise front-end steering performance, the system’s oversized headset bearings (1 1/4” lower and 1 1/8” upper for road, 1 1/2” lower and 1 1/8” upper for mountain) and tapered steerer tube work in conjunction to provide optimal steering stiffness.
Fewer flat tires. Greater traction. Less rolling resistance and a smoother, faster ride. Giant’s Tubeless System makes it easier than ever to experience all these benefits
Note: Manufacturer may reserve the right to change the specification of that listed or shown on this page.
This could include but not limited to specification or colour
Manufacturer's Code: 2011008105, 2011008106, 2011008107
Trade-in Your old bike
You can trade in your old bike for instant credit in our store. You can use your credit against all products in store.
Trade-In Your old bike - Step by step:
- Bring the bike you would like to trade-in to our store
- Please ask for the person in charge of Used Bikes
- Our Buyers will assess your bike and offer you a Trade-in credit
- Avail of instant credit from your trade-in
- Credit can be used against ALL goods in store. Sale prices will still apply
- Ride away on your new bike!
Terms & Conditions
- We only accept bikes in the resale value range of €200 - €1,200
- Bikes must be clean and fit for resale
- You will be required to produce photo ID which we will scan and keep on file