With a lengthy history of keeping new cars’ identities under wraps during testing, dazzle camouflage patterns continue to shroud prototype products in mystery today.
Created by British artist Norman Wilkinson, the camo pattern originated as a disguise technique that was intended to mask and protect warships during WWI. The automotive industry adopted the effect in the ’50s—dubbing the proto cars “Erlkönig” or “Erlkings”—as a way to confuse the competition and conceal new technologies. The idea of adapting this pattern to a jersey’s graphics appealed to us on many levels, as the R&D cycles of our products mirror many of those in the automotive racing industry. Testing, testing, and more testing is what leads to better, faster equipment, and the Erlkoenig SS Jersey is our latest version of the all-around SS jersey platform.
Racing, training, or spinning out the legs with friends on the weekend, the Erlkoenig delivers. It’s constructed with our time-tested Dual Tex and Push Pull textiles, noted for their breathability, low weights, and phenomenal stretch. A few important details we’d like to call out are the raw-cut sleeves—which create the smoothest transition possible between the jersey and your upper arms—our Triple Ramp Pockets to secure your cargo in the rear, and our just-right regularFit for day-long comfort on the bike.
- Dual Tex: A fast-drying double yarn textile with great moisture management and breathability. Snag resistant with high mechanical stretch, it also has built-in UPF30 and odorControl.
- Push Pull: The pockets and sleeves are made of our ASSOS-developed Push Pull warp-knit textile with high UV protection (UPF 50+). Highly breathable, this fine gauge knit with bi-stretch is quick drying and very comfortable.
- Raw Cut Sleeves: Creates the smoothest transition possible between the and fabric and skin. More comfort and precise hold with less pressure.
- Triple Ramp Pockets: Our storage design with three textile-lidded pockets optimally located for ease of access; security and stability guaranteed.
- Full-Length Zipper: A slim central fastener allows full personal adjustment to temperature and exertion.
- regularFit: A body-mapped performance fit that is a little less aggressive than our racingFit—the best of both worlds, where speed and comfort converge.
- Composition: 91%PL 5%EA 4%PA