Engineered for those unforgiving climbs and blistering heat, ARO3 is built with optimized ventilation to help keep you cool.
- EYEWEAR DOCK: Integrated eyewear dock to securely stow your shades and keep them handy for quick and easy access.
- BOA 360 FIT SYSTEM: With its soft textile feel and flexibility, the TX1 Lace lies flat against your head, allowing for seamless eyewear compatibility.
- X-STATIC BROW PADDING: X-Static® harnesses the power of silver to create a powerful technology that inhibits the growth of bacteria on fabric, eliminating odor for the life of the product. Also ships with secondary set of pads.
- MIPS INTEGRATION: The MIPS® Brain Protection System is a helmet integrated, low friction layer designed to reduce rotational motion transferred to the brain during an impact.
- Helmet Travel Bag and Oakley Decal Included
- CPSC 1203, EN1078 and ANZ2063 Certifications
What is Mips Technology?
The Mips safety system is designed to add protection against the rotational motion (or kinematics) transmitted to the brain from angled impacts to the head. Rotational motion is a combination of rotational energy (angular velocity) and rotational forces from angular acceleration that both affect the brain and increases the risk for minor and severe brain injuries. Mips’ added protection system has been proven to reduce the rotational motion when implemented in a helmet by absorbing and redirecting energies and forces otherwise transmitted to the brain. Read More
We know from scientific research that the brain is particularly senstivie to rotation. In the event of an impact, the helmet technology provided by a Mips® safety system is intended to help reduce the impact of rotational energy to the head by enabling a relative movement between the head and helmet.
When such an impact occurs the forces the build up between the head and helmet are immense. These forces can be compared to the weight of up to 10 people sudddenly standing on your helmet. Under such high pressure, the friction between head and helmet makes it hard for the helmet to move– even if the straps are slightly loose or if the helmet doesn’t have a properly secure fit as recommended by the manufacturer. But a Mips® low-friction layer inside a helmet can still allow omni-directional movement of 10-15mm when that high load occurs.
Most helmets that are certified by industry-accepted safety standards are capable of reducing the energy of a straight, linear impact. But when it comes to angled impacts, which is the most common type of impact from crashes or falls, a Mips® safety system-equipped helmet can also help reduce harmful rotational energy.
Think about a fall on a slippery slope: If you fall and hit your head (or helmet), you will most likely continue in the same direction as before the fall. Alternatively, consider a similar fall on high-friction asphalt– a very different scenario. When your helmet hits the ground, there will most likely be a sudden stop and a rotation of the helmet. Mips intends to redirect that energy away from the head.
- Small (52-56cm) / Medium (54-58cm) / Large (56-60cm)
Manufacturer's Code: 99470EU-20EM, 99470EU-02EM, 99470EU-02EL, 99470EU-100S, 99470EU-20EL, 99470EU-100M, 99470EU-100L, 99470EU-9D8 9D8M, 99470EU-9D8 9D8L