Cooler, Faster in a Protective Package
The trailblazing A2 is Troy Lee Designs’ MTB trail helmet that checks all the boxes. Its stylish shell not only incorporates huge intake and exhaust ventilation ports, but it also comes with the very best in impact protection. From breakaway visor screws and the innovative MIPS® system and an industry-first dual-density EPP + EPS liner that protects against both high and low-speed impacts; this is a helmet that doesn’t take your safety lightly. Add in an adjustable strap and X-Static® Pure Silver comfort liner and the comfort is every bit on par with the protection.
What is Mips Technology?
The Mips safety system is designed to add protection against the rotational motion (or kinematics) transmitted to the brain from angled impacts to the head. Rotational motion is a combination of rotational energy (angular velocity) and rotational forces from angular acceleration that both affect the brain and increases the risk for minor and severe brain injuries. Mips’ added protection system has been proven to reduce the rotational motion when implemented in a helmet by absorbing and redirecting energies and forces otherwise transmitted to the brain. Read More
We know from scientific research that the brain is particularly senstivie to rotation. In the event of an impact, the helmet technology provided by a Mips® safety system is intended to help reduce the impact of rotational energy to the head by enabling a relative movement between the head and helmet.
When such an impact occurs the forces the build up between the head and helmet are immense. These forces can be compared to the weight of up to 10 people sudddenly standing on your helmet. Under such high pressure, the friction between head and helmet makes it hard for the helmet to move– even if the straps are slightly loose or if the helmet doesn’t have a properly secure fit as recommended by the manufacturer. But a Mips® low-friction layer inside a helmet can still allow omni-directional movement of 10-15mm when that high load occurs.
Most helmets that are certified by industry-accepted safety standards are capable of reducing the energy of a straight, linear impact. But when it comes to angled impacts, which is the most common type of impact from crashes or falls, a Mips® safety system-equipped helmet can also help reduce harmful rotational energy.
Think about a fall on a slippery slope: If you fall and hit your head (or helmet), you will most likely continue in the same direction as before the fall. Alternatively, consider a similar fall on high-friction asphalt– a very different scenario. When your helmet hits the ground, there will most likely be a sudden stop and a rotation of the helmet. Mips intends to redirect that energy away from the head.
- Cutting-edge safety technology with the MIPS (Multi-directional Impact Protection System)
- Patent pending, industry-first dual density EPP = EPS impact liner provide first in class protection against high and low speed impacts
- An additional 16% more frontal EPP + EPS increases protection in common impact zones
- 25% more airflow over the A1 for maximum cooling power using huge intake and exhaust ports
- X-Static® Pure Silver comfort liner with extended coverage and best-in-class odor protection and quick-dry moisture wicking
- Innovative break-away visor screws help reduce the likelihood snagging during a crash
- Low-profile, semi-adjustable strap dividers deliver the perfect fit regardless of head shape
- 3 Year Warranty
- 350 Grams ( Size M/L )
- CPSC 1203, CE EN 1078, AS NZ 2063
Manufacturer's Code: TLD191485073