The Tour de Fer 10 represents our vision of affordable escapism; a bike designed for the sole purpose of carrying rider and luggage long distances efficiently and in comfort, without leaving a sizable dent in your pocket.
We put it together as affordably as possible without cutting corners that would've been detrimental to the ride or long-term ownership. This meant choosing rugged, reliable kit that will last the high mileage for which we intend the bike to be used.
Most of what makes it so good for touring is also 100% applicable to commuting. Everyday practicalities like large volume, puncture resistant Schwalbe Marathon tyres, tough 36H wheelset, powerful, controlled disc brakes, Tubus Cargo rear rack and custom length and extra-long Chromoplastic mudguards.
The Tour de Fer 10 is just as suited as a daily commuter as it is a cross-continent tourer. Where will you take yours?
- Frame: Genesis Mjolnir seamless double-butted chromoly
- Rear Shock: N/A
- Fork: Genesis full Chromoly
- Headset: PT-1606 EC34 Upper / EC34 Lower
- Shifters: Shimano Sora ST-R3030 3X9spd
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano Sora RD-R3000 9spd
- Front Derailleur: Shimano Sora FD-R3030
- Chainset: Shimano FC-R3030 50/39/30T, XS = 165mm, S = 170mm, M/L/XL = 175mm
- Bottom Bracket:
- Chain: KMC X9
- Cassette / Freewheel: Shimano CS-HG400-9 11/32T
- Rims: Jalco XCD22
- Hubs: KT-K08
- Spokes: Steel 14g
- Tyres: Schwalbe Marathon
- Brakes: PROMAX DSK-717RA
- Brake levers: Shimano Sora ST-R3030 3X9spd
- Handlebars: Genesis Alloy, XS = 400MM, SM/MED = 420MM, L-XL = 440MM
- Stem: Genesis Alloy, 31.8mm, -6 deg, 100mm
- Saddle: Genesis
- Seatpost: Genesis Alloy 27.2mm XS/S/M = 350mm, L/XL = 400mm
- Pedals: NW-99K with cage
- Size S: 164-172cm
- Size M: 170-178cm
- Size L: 178-186cm
- Size XL: 184-192cm
Note: Manufacturer may reserve the right to change the specification of that listed or shown on this page.
This could include but not limited to specification or colour
Manufacturer's Code: GN21410LG, GN21410MD, GN21410SM
Trade-in Your old bike
You can trade in your old bike for instant credit in our store. You can use your credit against all products in store.
Trade-In Your old bike - Step by step:
- Bring the bike you would like to trade-in to our store
- Please ask for the person in charge of Used Bikes
- Our Buyers will assess your bike and offer you a Trade-in credit
- Avail of instant credit from your trade-in
- Credit can be used against ALL goods in store. Sale prices will still apply
- Ride away on your new bike!
Terms & Conditions
- We only accept bikes in the resale value range of €200 - €1,200
- Bikes must be clean and fit for resale
- You will be required to produce photo ID which we will scan and keep on file