Troy Lee Designs A2 helmet redefines mountain bike safety, style, comfort and ventilation. The first helmet in its class to combine EPP (for slow speed impacts) and EPS (for high-speed impacts) in one sleek package, that will set a new benchmark for mountain bike helmets.
TLD took the popular A1 and perfected it, resulting in the incredible A2. Overall, the A2 offers a higher level of protection thanks to the reinforced shell liner and MIPS technologies available in certain models. It has fantastic ventilation which comes from the six large pressurizing intake passages and seven rear vacuum exhausts which are linked by deep internal channelling to promote efficient cooling and airflow. A combination of quick-wicking foam liner, adjustable rear stabilizer and a no fuss fit system for a perfect fit every time, this will be the go-to helmet for hitting the trails.
- Huge air intakes - 25% larger than a1 - connected to massive exhaust ports through deep internal channels provide powerful cooling efficiency
- *New for 2018, updated x-static® pure silver comfort liner with more material for comfort delivers high-performance odour protection and quick-dry moisture wicking
- MIPS brain protection system reduces rotational forces to the brain in some crash scenarios
- Dual-density eps co-moulded with EPP for state-of-the-art impact energy management at low and high crash speeds as well as everything in between
- 16% more eps+epp in the frontal lobe and raised eps splines to provide more protection in the common impact zones
- Aerospace filament-reinforced polycarbonate shell
- Break-away anodized aluminium visor screws
- Rear stabilizer fit system with flexible, slimline arms has 3-position front and rear locations for a custom fit
- Expanded field of view works with both goggles and glasses
- Multiple storage locations for glasses
- Fit Kit
- Ventilated helmet storage bag
- Sticker kit
- 3-year warranty
- 350 grams ( size m/l )
- Meets or exceeds CE en 1078
What is Mips Technology?
The Mips safety system is designed to add protection against the rotational motion (or kinematics) transmitted to the brain from angled impacts to the head. Rotational motion is a combination of rotational energy (angular velocity) and rotational forces from angular acceleration that both affect the brain and increases the risk for minor and severe brain injuries. Mips’ added protection system has been proven to reduce the rotational motion when implemented in a helmet by absorbing and redirecting energies and forces otherwise transmitted to the brain. Read More
We know from scientific research that the brain is particularly senstivie to rotation. In the event of an impact, the helmet technology provided by a Mips® safety system is intended to help reduce the impact of rotational energy to the head by enabling a relative movement between the head and helmet.
When such an impact occurs the forces the build up between the head and helmet are immense. These forces can be compared to the weight of up to 10 people sudddenly standing on your helmet. Under such high pressure, the friction between head and helmet makes it hard for the helmet to move– even if the straps are slightly loose or if the helmet doesn’t have a properly secure fit as recommended by the manufacturer. But a Mips® low-friction layer inside a helmet can still allow omni-directional movement of 10-15mm when that high load occurs.
Most helmets that are certified by industry-accepted safety standards are capable of reducing the energy of a straight, linear impact. But when it comes to angled impacts, which is the most common type of impact from crashes or falls, a Mips® safety system-equipped helmet can also help reduce harmful rotational energy.
Think about a fall on a slippery slope: If you fall and hit your head (or helmet), you will most likely continue in the same direction as before the fall. Alternatively, consider a similar fall on high-friction asphalt– a very different scenario. When your helmet hits the ground, there will most likely be a sudden stop and a rotation of the helmet. Mips intends to redirect that energy away from the head.
- S: 54-56 cm
- M: 57-59 cm
- XL/XXL: 60-62 cm
Manufacturer's Code: TLD191485203, TLD191485201, TLD191485205, TLD132257043
Barcodes: 887202187018, 887202187001, 887202187025, 887202341021