The new SHAMAL™ ULTRA™ C17 represents the same fantastic performance that has made it THE go to aluminum race wheel for the better part of two decades while adding even more versatility and performance.
- The new, wider profile meets the C17 standard and is perfect for use with the increasingly popular 25/28mm tire sizes.
- The new rim/tire interface proves to be more aerodynamic when compared to the same size tires mated to a C15 rim.
The new C17 also allows for a more surefooted grip in addition to increased comfort while increasing rigidity and thus reactivity at the same time thanks to its wider stance and optimized material usage.
- Rim Type: Clincher
- Weight: 1459g
- USB Ultra Smooth Bearings - Perfectly smooth surfaces and lower friction to reduce loss of power
- G3 Geometry - improves energy transfer, reduce the stress on the spokes on the right and increase transverse rigidity.
- Momag - No nipple holes eliminate the need for rim tape and make greater rim lifetime, greater resistance to fatigue and greater stiffness
- TOROIDAL MILLING: reduces the peripheral weight of the rim – makes the wheel extremely reactive.
- DYNAMIC BALANCE™
- ULTRA-FIT™: easy tire mounting – maximum safety – less friction – less energy dispersion – improved performance.
- MOMAG™: allows the external profi le of the rim to be free of holes.
- DIFFERENTIATED RIM HEIGHT FRONT (24 - 27 mm) AND REAR (27 - 30 mm) SPOKES ANTI-ROTATION SYSTEM™: keeps the spokes in the position of maximum aerodynamic penetration.
- SELF-LOCKING NIPPLES: allow the ideal spoke tension to be maintained at length, eliminating friction on the rim. All this translates into constant high performance throughout the life of the product.
- EXCLUSIVE MEGA-G3™ SPOKE PATTERN: perfect balance of spoke tension on both sides of the wheel. Reduces stress, increases transversal rigidity and the transmission of power to the wheel. Mega-G3™ eliminates vibrations even with "heavy" cyclists.
- AERO SPOKES IN ALUMINIUM: maximum aerodynamic penetration - lower weight and greater reactivity.
- USB™ CERAMIC BALL BEARINGS: reduces friction, provides greater smoothness, and maintains performance over time.
- CARBON FIBRE HUB BODY: high degree of lateral stiffness – reduces the weight to the minimum.
- ALUMINIUM AXLE low weight, high stiffness.
- OVERSIZED FLANGE: increases the torsional stiffness, increasing reactivity at each change of pace of the cyclist.
- DIFFERENTIATED HUB DIAMETER FRONT AND REAR: optimized for structural integrity and performance. Small front hub aids in aerodynamic efficiency.