Even the youngest in the Bora family transforms in the new version: 24.2 mm wide, 35 mm tall rim, water transfer graphics, braking track with 3Diamant treatment, radial spokes on the front wheel and G3 on the rear, external nipples, hubs in aluminum with differentiated front and rear diameters with new adjustment ring, ceramic USB bearings, aluminum freewheel bodies and aerodynamic quick release are just some of the strong points that are diffcult to fully appreciate until you use the tubular Bora one 35 in challenges against regular adversaries or the clincher version in those with training companions.
- Type: Clincher
- Weight: 1406g
Campagnolo® has employed its engineering resources to further improve the already impressive braking performance of its full carbon wheel systems.
Having already researched, designed and produced internally high-performance brake pads specifically made for Campagnolo® carbon wheels, the Campy Tech Lab™ set its sights on perfecting the braking surface.
To ensure optimum performance in all conditions as a complete braking system, the brake pads would function even better with an improved braking surface.
The outcome of this research produced the new 3Diamant™ surface treatment which, using advanced machinery and state of the art diamond tipped precision tools, eliminates imperfections caused by non-homogenous resin deposits and allows the brake pad to work directly atop specially woven carbon fibers.
This new process eliminates the "breaking-in" period, improves braking performance under both wet and dry conditions and creates a more linear and smooth overall braking performance.
RIM Dynamic Balance™ – Aluminium wheels.
The concept is simple and elegant: balance the weight of the gasket, with an item of similar weight placed on the exact opposite side. For top models, this is obtained by a special operation on the section of the rim opposite the rim joint.
SPOKES Dynamic Balance™
For entry-level models, Dynamic Balance™ is obtained by using two oversized spokes in the section opposite the joint. The result is a wheel with perfectly balanced rotational dynamics.
RIM Dynamic Balance™ – Carbon wheels
For carbon wheels the principle is the same, but applied using a different technology. When making carbon rims, the pieces of carbon fabric are aligned in such a manner that the resulting rim is always balanced.
Campagnolo® has developed an assembly architecture which, compared with a traditional wheel, makes it possible to improve energy transfer, reduce the stress on the spokes on the right and increase transverse rigidity.This is achieved because in G3™ geometry the right-hand side of the rear wheel is fitted with twice as many spokes as the left.
The results of G3™ system are truly extraordinary: better transfer of the driving torque, better lateral rigidity, reduction of the stress in the rear wheel spokes. And thanks to the G3™ system that compensates for the forces acting on the 2 sides of the wheel, there are no more wheel vibrations, even for heavier people.
In the 2012 range the Shamal™ and Eurus™ wheels increase their responsiveness specifically thanks to this system. G3™ becomes Mega-G3™ thanks to the oversize flange. This solution allows the increase of the torsional stiffness values even more, to the benefit of the overall responsiveness of the wheel.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- NEW FULL-CARBON RIM, 24.2 MM WIDE, FOR TUBULARS AND CLINCHERS: great comfort and maximum aerodynamics for interacting with new tire standards. Extremely high lateral wheel stiffness and reactivity.
- 3DIAMANT™ - BRAKE SURFACE TREATMENT: using advanced machinery and state of the art diamond tipped precision tools, eliminates imperfections. This new process eliminates the "breaking-in" period, improves braking performance under both wet and dry conditions and creates a more linear and smooth overall braking performance.
- BRAKE PADS MADE ESPECIALLY FOR CARBON WHEELS
- DYNAMIC BALANCING ON THE RIM
- SPOKES ANTI-ROTATION SYSTEM™: allows the spokes to maintain the best aerodynamic position.
- EXCLUSIVE G3™ SPOKE PATTERN: perfect balance of the spoke tensions on both sides of the wheel. Reduces stress, increases transversal rigidity and the transmission of power to the wheel. G3™ eliminates vibrations even with "heavy" cyclists.
- SPOKES WITH AERODYNAMIC PROFILE
- SELF-LOCKING ALUMINUM NIPPLES
- OVERSIZED FLANGE: greater torsional stiffness and greater reactivity.
- CUP AND CONE BEARINGS: easy bearing adjustment - reduces possiblebearing play - precision operation - maintains performance over time.
- ALUMINUM AXLE
- USB CERAMIC BALL BEARINGS: reduces friction, provides greater smoothness, and maintains performance over time.
- QUICK RELEASE: new, completely redesigned and lighter aerodynamic-profile wheel block. Steel spine and eccentric, lever with drill lightening and aluminum die.
- Eccentric-closure system allows cyclist to modulate the pressure necessary for heightened sensitivity to find the proper closure for the block. Easy to use, with a material resistant to wear and tear, rust, and pressure.