The Vortex was Tacx’s first interactive Smart trainer. The electric brake makes this trainer highly accessible and ideal for keeping in tip-top condition during the winter, for instance.
True cycling feeling
The electro brake of the Vortex generates a realistic cycling feeling while offering all interactive functionalities.
Multifunctional front wheel support
The Skyliner is a front wheel support that raises the front wheel for a natural cycling position and increased stability. It also serves as a handle to carry the trainer.
Click ‘n ride
The bike is fixed in the trainer easily by two simple clicks.
Unique dual material roller
The roll that places the resistance on your rear wheel is made from two materials: a hardened steel sleeve with a soft core of elastogel. The steel sleeve prevents wear of the trainer, while the elastogel aborbs vibrations to reduce noise.
Smart & fully connected
This trainer is connected wirelessly to smartphones and tablets and knows the ANT+ FE-C protocol , enabling you to train with Tacx apps as well as third-party apps like Zwift and TrainerRoad. You can also train stand-alone; if you do not connect the trainer, it will simulate a flat road.
Optimized for stability.
- Type of trainer: Interactive Smart trainer with electric brake
- Magnets: 8 Permanent ferrite magnets & 8 electromagnets
- Transmission: Roller, 30 mm
- Electrical requirements: 110-240 Volt
- Power indicator: None
- Connection indicator: (ANT/BT) None
- Firmware upgradable: Yes
- Suitable bikes: Race, Tri & MTB , if necessary with axle skewer , 29" wheel with Tacx trainer tyre
- Supplied with: Front wheel support , Quick release for road bikes and mountain bikes (5mm)
- Max. power: (40 km/h) 950 Watt
- Max. slope: 7%
- Simulation of descent: No
- Max. torque: 16.3Nm
- Max. brake force: 48N
- Flywheel: Actual of 1,6kg
- Flywheel effect: 11.8kg
- Calibration: Spin down
- Footprint (lxw): 675×650mm (26.6×25.6in)
- Height: 410mm (16.1in)
- Dimensions when folded: 565×410×245mm (22.2×16.1×9.65in)
- Weight: 9.08kg (20lbs)
- Article number: T2180