The Elite Volano Direct Drive B+ Trainer uses a fluid drive unit for smooth, quiet and realistic training experience. With no power cable and ANT+/Bluetooth connectivity the Volano is 100% wireless.
- Direct transmission hometrainer with integrated fluid resistance technology.
- Superquiet, smooth.
- Maximum resistance of over 1200 Watts
- ANT+ and Bluetooth Smart compatible:
The Misuro B+ Sensor (included) sends speed, power and cadence data to ANT™+ and Bluetooth Smart compatible apps and devices.
- Internal generator means the Volano does not require mains power
- Compatible with 130, 135 and 142 x 12 frames
- Compatible with 9, 10 and 11-speed Shimano or Sram Cassettes
- Wide power range: ideal for cadence, power and speed-based training sessions.
- Flywheel: 3 kg.
- Wheel off design eliminates slippage and tyre wear.
- 12 months of free App My E-Training. “Level training” is free to use without limit.
- Progressive resistance that gradually increases with speed.
- Extremely quiet: Fluid based resistance and the direct transmission of effort eliminate the high noise levels associated with indoor training.
- Internal flywheel: smooth road-like pedaling during all types of training.
- Direct Power Transmission: The direct transmission of power output is achieved through a direct connection between the trainer and the bicycle’s chain. This design eliminates all forms of slippage-when starting, accellerating or during the most intense sprints.
- Integrated Fluid Resistance Technology: A wide range of resistance levels and a high degree of pedaling smoothness come from an integrated resistance unit that uses Elite designed silicone oil
- Easy to use: Substitute your bicycle’s rear wheel with Turbo Muin and start training right away, as if you were on the road.
- Compatible with Road and MTB bikes with standard diameter quick release, 130mm/135mm hubs and 142x12 thru axles
- Self-adjusting Progressive Resistance: Fluid resistance, similar to the air resistance experienced on the road, gradually increases with speed; use higher gears for power-based training and lower gears for base level and rpm training . The wide range of resistance covers both the needs of the pro-level athlete and the amateur.
- Stable and foldable frame: just fold it and store it once you’re done training
App My E-Training: an exciting and technically sophisticated virtual coach that travels with you whatever your destination. Manage power, heart rate, speed, time and distance directly from your smartphone or tablet with the My E-Training App.
My E-Training includes:
- My RealVideo: train with Elite RealVideos and download hundreds of free user-created My RealVideos
- Base Training: constant power training sessions**, levels, pre-set programs
- Training test: an evaluation test that helps you create month-long personalized indoor training programs.
- Maps races: create races the world over with Google Maps.
- Multiple users: the app allows for multiple users on the same device.
- Easier training program creation: all-new graphics editor simplifies program creation.
- Video Playlist: create a playlist from training videos on your device.
- Share results: to track of your performance over time, training data can be saved, exported (CSV - comma separated values, Strava Tcx format) or shared on social media.
"The Volano is quiet in use. I measured the sound level at 70db 1m away from the unit while riding at 250w. For comparison, that's about the level of a vacuum cleaner. If you ride in the house, other people are going to hear you, but close the door to the room you're in and they probably won't find the noise too invasive." Read More
"Compared with Elite’s ‘developed with and for pro riders’ Turbo Muin trainer (max resistance 2300W) the Volano’s 1200W max is reasonably benign. At an indicated 24kph to give 200W, compared to the 30kmh average of the other 11 turbos we were putting through their paces at the same time, it’s definitely still got a permanent uphill character not an easy cruising nature. " Read More