Why buy bike from us?
Meet the Aerium Race
perfect symbiosis of ultimate performance, refined ærodynamics and surprising value
Developed to help dedicated atheletes pare their times down to the bone, the Aerium Race is a high performance machine for podium-chasing triathletes and time triallists
One glance will tell you that this is no ordinary bike - we sweated every detail on the frame and components to maximise performance, so you can push yourself harder. With Shimano's Ultegra gears, a CUBE Aerium carbon æro fork and Mavic wheelset, you've everything you need to smash out some new personal bests - and get a foot on the podium. It's the perfect symbiosis of ultimate performance, refined ærodynamics and surprising value. You just ran out of excuses... but you also increased your chances of beating the competition.
When we set out to develop the Aerium Race we had a simple goal in mind: to produce one of the fastest time trial frames currently available. That's why we equipped the light, stiff Advanced Twin Mold carbon frame with rear-facing horizontal dropouts - just one of the features that contributes to this bike's astonishing torsional and ærodynamic efficiency.
As you'd exepect, the clean lines and internal cable routing aren't just there for looks. They're primarily intended to reduce air resistance - and we proved this by refining the design with the help of wind tunnel testing. The result is uncompromising performance: whichever way you set up the geometry or seating position, the Aerium C:62 Race will turn every ounce of effort into maximum forward propulsion.
- Frame: Aerium C:68 Monocoque Advanced Twin Mold Technology, Internal Cable Routing
- Fork: CUBE Aero Aerium C:68
- Headset: FSA Orbit I, 1 1/8" integrated
- Stem: CUBE Aerium C:68 Integrated
- Handlebar: Profile Svet TT Carbon
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano Ultegra RD-R8000-SS, 11-Speed
- Front Derailleur: Shimano Ultegra FD-R8000-F
- Shifters: Shimano Dura Ace SL-BSR1, Barend Shifter
- Brake System: Aero TTV01 / Shimano 105 BR-5810
- Crankset: Shimano Ultegra FC-R8000, 53x39T, 170mm (S/M), 172.5mm (L)
- Chain: Shimano CN-HG700-11
- Handlebar Tape: CUBE Grip Control
- Brake Levers: Profile Aero Brake Lever Carbon
- Casette:Shimano Ultegra CS-R8000, 11-25T
- Wheelset: Mavic Cosmic Elite, QR/QR
- Tyres: Conti Grand Sport Race SL, 28x23
- Saddle: Fizik Arione R7
- Seat Post: CUBE Aero Aerium C:68
- Seatclamp: CUBE Aerium Integrated
- Bar Extensions: Profile Design T5+ Carbon
- Weight: 8,8 kg
Advanced Twin Mold
This technique uses a complete core to provide the perfect frame form during the lay-up process. As with the Twin Mold technology, precise inserts are used to ensure extra strength at high-stress frame points. This combination offers maximum control over fibre orientations during the lay-up and production process. The Advanced Twin Mold high-tech carbon manufacturing process translates to outstanding product safety and quality together with optimum weight and stiffness characteristics.
C:68 Carbon Fiber Technology
CUBE’s highly innovative new C:68 carbon fibre technology allows us to build better bikes than ever. Typically, carbon fibre frames are around 60% carbon fibre, with the rest being the resin that bonds the fibres together. By distributing carbon fibres evenly, we can make thinner layers within the frame and reduce the amount of resin. Those fibres are a mixture of Ultra High Modulus, High Modulus Spread Tow and Intermediate Modulus carbon, each chosen for the needs of the particular area of the frame. Nanoparticles within the resin itself allows it to be distributed more evenly when under pressure in the frame mould. The result is a range of frames with 68% carbon fibre – lower weight, higher stiffness, more fun.
Perfect aerodynamics and geometry adjustment characterize this package to the smallest detail the light and stiff Advanced Twin Mold carbon frame with horizontal dropouts is designed for the use of electronic circuit components to minimize air resistance. Battery and cable are hiding elegantly in the framework and also the brakes fit perfectly together with the Aerium Super HPC carbon fork.
Frame Safe System
To protect our high-end aluminium frames from damage, they are built with the CUBE Frame Save System replaceable derailleur hanger. The mounting thread is in the hanger and not in the frame as usual. In case of a crash, this hanger can be easily and quickly replaced by a new one.
Press Fit BB
With Press Fit bearings, the bottom bracket bearings are pressed directly into the frame and not screwed in as usual. This gives a wider bottom bracket shell and allows us to build a wider down tube and more broadly-spaced chainstays. Every millimetre of additional width gives a significant improvement in lateral stiffness.
Integrated Cable Routing
Internally routed cables offer many advantages. Cables are protected from dirt for longer life, weight is saved thanks to the absence of external housing and the bike has a clean, sleek appearance.
Note: Manufacturer may reserve the right to change the specification of that listed or shown on this page.
This could include but not limited to specification or colour
Trade-in Your old bike
You can trade in your old bike for instant credit in our store. You can use your credit against all products in store.
Trade-In Your old bike - Step by step:
- Bring the bike you would like to trade-in to our store
- Please ask for the person in charge of Used Bikes
- Our Buyers will assess your bike and offer you a Trade-in credit
- Avail of instant credit from your trade-in
- Credit can be used against ALL goods in store. Sale prices will still apply
- Ride away on your new bike!
Terms & Conditions
- We only accept bikes in the resale value range of €200 - €1,200
- Bikes must be clean and fit for resale
- You will be required to produce photo ID which we will scan and keep on file