Why buy bike from us?
Choose the longer route. Climb higher mountains. This smooth-riding endurance road bike is purpose-built to help you tackle long-distance road rides on all types of terrain.
Handcrafted with Advanced-grade carbon composite material, the Defy Advanced is engineered with tube shapes that are optimized to absorb road shocks and vibrations. Even with its smooth ride quality, it still delivers a lightweight, stiff and lively feel when you’re climbing, accelerating and cornering. It’s made with a specific carbon layup to ensure you can push new limits of endurance. The D-Fuse seat post and handlebar system also help reduce road vibrations. A tubeless Giant WheelSystem and tyres boost speed and efficiency with a reduced risk of flats. For added control, it features integrated disc brakes with flat-mount disc brake tabs and 12mm thru-axles.
Advanced Carbon Composite frame is specifically engineered for endurance road riding, delivering a smoother ride quality and less fatigue on long rides. The D-Fuse seat post and handlebar system work seamlessly with the frame to absorb road shocks and vibrations.
Seamless disc brake integration, including flat mounts and 12mm front and rear thru-axles, produces more consistent braking power for better control, even in wet weather and on rough roads.
Endurance road geometry, added tyre clearance (up to 35c) and disc-brake integration allow you to tackle a variety of roads and conditions, from smooth tarmac to rugged country lanes and mountain passes.
- Frame: Advanced-Grade Composite, disc
- Fork: Advanced-Grade Composite, full-composite OverDrive steerer, disc
- Shock: N/A
- Handlebar: Giant Contact SL D-Fuse
- Stem: Giant Contact
- Seatpost: Giant D-Fuse, composite
- Saddle: Contact (neutral)
- Pedals: N/A
- Shifters: Shimano Ultegra
- Front Derailleur: Shimano Ultegra
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano Ultegra
- BrakesShimano: Ultegra hydraulic
- Brake Levers: Shimano Ultegra hydraulic
- Cassette: Shimano Ultegra, 11x34
- Chain: KMC X11EL-1
- Crankset: Shimano FC-RS510, 34/50
- Bottom Bracket: Shimano, press fit
- Rims: Giant P-R2 Disc wheelset
- Hubs: Giant P-R2 Disc wheelset, 12mm thru-axle
- Spokes: Giant P-R2 Disc wheelset
- Tyres: Giant Gavia Fondo 1, tubeless, 700x32, folding
Advanced Composite Technology
Giant’s High Performance Grade raw carbon material is used to produce this custom frame material in our own composite factory with a high stiffness-to-weight ratio. The front triangle of these framesets is assembled and molded as one continuous piece in a proprietary manufacturing process called Modified Monocoque Construction.
Compact Road Design
When introduced by Giant in 1990s, Compact Road revolutionized the look and feel of high-performance road bikes forever. A downward sloping toptube (from the headtube to the seattube) creates smaller front and rear triangles for a lighter, stiffer bike. It also makes it easier for riders of all sizes to have a perfect fit.
Giant’s original oversized fork steerer tube technology. Designed to provide precise front-end steering performance, the system’s oversized headset bearings (1 1/4” lower and 1 1/8” upper for road, 1 1/2” lower and 1 1/8” upper for mountain) and tapered steerer tube work in conjunction to provide optimal steering stiffness.
The D-Fuse seatpost and handlebar were designed to function as a system, absorbing road shocks and vibrations so you can ride farther, faster.
Fewer flat tires. Greater traction. Less rolling resistance and a smoother, faster ride. Giant’s Tubeless System makes it easier than ever to experience all these benefits.
Trade-in Your old bike
You can trade in your old bike for instant credit in our store. You can use your credit against all products in store.
Trade-In Your old bike - Step by step:
- Bring the bike you would like to trade-in to our store
- Please ask for the person in charge of Used Bikes
- Our Buyers will assess your bike and offer you a Trade-in credit
- Avail of instant credit from your trade-in
- Credit can be used against ALL goods in store. Sale prices will still apply
- Ride away on your new bike!
Terms & Conditions
- We only accept bikes in the resale value range of €200 - €1,200
- Bikes must be clean and fit for resale
- You will be required to produce photo ID which we will scan and keep on file