Why buy bike from us?
Explore an unknown corner of your map. Climb that summit you see in the distance. With disc brakes and smooth-riding, high-volume tubeless tyres, this new road machine encourages you to elevate your road riding adventures.
Designed and developed for aspiring riders looking to elevate their road riding abilities, Contend AR combines a smooth, responsive ride quality with an ability to handle adventurous new routes. Its disc-brake integration and generous tyre clearance (up to 38c) put you in control, even on rough roads. Its D-Fuse carbon composite seat post dampens road vibrations, giving you a smoother, more enjoyable ride experience and minimising fatigue. This is a true all-rounder for those road riders who have a thirst for adventure.
Balanced road geometry
Frame is specifically engineered to produce a balanced, all-rounder feel that blends confident rider positioning with agile cornering and acceleration.
Smooth ride quality
Innovative D-Fuse seatpost design reduces road shocks and vibrations, and a Giant WheelSystem lets you run tubeless tyres up to 38c for a smoother ride and reduced risk of flats.
Seamless disc brake integration including flat mounts and 12mm front and rear thru-axles produces more consistent braking power for better control, even in wet weather and on rough roads.
- Frame: ALUXX-Grade Aluminum, disc
- Fork: Advanced-Grade Composite, full-composite OverDrive steerer, disc
- Shock: N/A
- Handlebar: Giant D-Fuse SL
- Stem: Giant Contact
- Seatpost: Giant D-Fuse, composite
- Saddle: Giant Contact (forward)
- Pedals: Pedal with toe clips/straps
- Shifters: Shimano 105
- Front Derailleur: Shimano 105
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano 105 GS
- Brakes: Shimano 105 hydraulic
- Brake Levers: Shimano 105
- Cassette: Shimano 105, 11x34
- Chain: KMC X11EL-1
- Crankset: Shimano FC-RS510, 34/50
- Bottom Bracket: cartridge
- Rims: Giant P-R2 Disc wheelset
- Hubs: Giant P-R2 Disc wheelset
- Spokes: Giant P-R2 Disc wheelset
- Tyres: Giant Gavia Fondo 2, 700X32 tubeless
ALUXX Aluminum Technology
This Performance level frame material features 6061 alloy with single-butted tubes to produce strong, lightweight framesets for a variety of different bikes and riding styles.
Compact Road Design
When introduced by Giant in 1990s, Compact Road revolutionized the look and feel of high-performance road bikes forever. A downward sloping toptube (from the headtube to the seattube) creates smaller front and rear triangles for a lighter, stiffer bike. It also makes it easier for riders of all sizes to have a perfect fit.
Giant’s original oversized fork steerer tube technology. Designed to provide precise front-end steering performance, the system’s oversized headset bearings (1 1/4” lower and 1 1/8” upper for road, 1 1/2” lower and 1 1/8” upper for mountain) and tapered steerer tube work in conjunction to provide optimal steering stiffness.
Fewer flat tires. Greater traction. Less rolling resistance and a smoother, faster ride. Giant’s Tubeless System makes it easier than ever to experience all these benefits.
Note: Manufacturer may reserve the right to change the specification of that listed or shown on this page.
This could include but not limited to specification or colour
Trade-in Your old bike
You can trade in your old bike for instant credit in our store. You can use your credit against all products in store.
Trade-In Your old bike - Step by step:
- Bring the bike you would like to trade-in to our store
- Please ask for the person in charge of Used Bikes
- Our Buyers will assess your bike and offer you a Trade-in credit
- Avail of instant credit from your trade-in
- Credit can be used against ALL goods in store. Sale prices will still apply
- Ride away on your new bike!
Terms & Conditions
- We only accept bikes in the resale value range of €200 - €1,200
- Bikes must be clean and fit for resale
- You will be required to produce photo ID which we will scan and keep on file