Our pro athletes needed a mid-spike tire that could handle dry, loose, blown-out corners as well as a bit of mud.
The Shorty is that tire. A high-volume casing makes the Shorty a more versatile option than a dedicated mud spike like our Wet Scream. Large, tall and slightly staggered side knobs penetrate loose soil to provide predictable, stable cornering at warp speeds. The Shorty is available in trail, enduro, and downhill specs.
- A versatile mid-spike for deep loam or loose powder
- Best for Loose/Hard, Medium, Loose, Wet
- Cornering Control 1 2 3 4
- Rolling Efficiency 1 2 3 4
- Compound: MaxxGrip Compound Technology
- Breaker: Downhill Casing / Butyl Insert
- Max PSI: 60
- Tubeless Tyre
- Bead Type: Folding
- TPI: 60
- Weight: 1335g
3C TRIPLE COMPOUND MOUNTAIN
Maxxis 3C Triple Compound mountain technology uses a harder, longer lasting base layer and two progressively softer top layers in order to optimize traction and stability. Maxxis offers three different configurations of our 3C Triple Compound mountain technology: Maxx Speed, Maxx Terra and Maxx Grip.
Manufacturer's Code: MXT00020900