Why buy bike from us?
The Node D8 is the workhorse of our Around-Town bike family.
With big wheels, comfortable tires, and swept-back handlebars, it’s as comfortable and solid as a Dutch city-bike, but it folds down small—in 10 seconds flat.
- 8-speed drivetrain for all the range you need in the city
- Shimano Claris derailleur for reliable shifting and durability
- Swept-back handlebars offer an upright and comfortable riding position
- Andros™ handlebar stem for tool-free riding position adjustments on the fly
- Includes integrated Freelance™ Fenders and Freight™ Rack
- Schwalbe Big Apple tires with Kevlar puncture protection
- Folds in under 10 seconds for storage or transport
- Optional integrated lighting with electricity-generating hub
- Wheel: Size24"
- Frame: MaterialAlloy
- Colour: Grey
- Frame: Tern Node, Aluminium, 2 Patented Technologies
- Cable Routing: External
- Fork: Integrated, Hi-Tensile Steel
- Brakes: V-Brake, Aluminium, Linear Spring
- Shifters: Shimano Trigger, 1 x 8 spd
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano Claris
- Crankset: Cold-forged 6061 Aluminium Crank Arms, Hand-Polished
- Cassette/Freewheel: Shimano, 11-30T, 8 spd
- Chain: 8 Spd
- Number of Gears: 8
- Bottom Bracket: Cartridge, Sealed Bearings
- Wheelset - Front: Aluminium; Opt: Shimano 1.5W dynamo Rear: Formula, 8 spd Cassette, QR Double wall Aluminium
- Tyres: Schwalbe Big Apple, 50-507, puncture protection, Reflex
- Handlebars: Tern Physis 3D, 3D forged, 5 patented technologies
- Bar Tape/Grips: Velo ergonomic, lock-on
- Stem: Tern Andros, adjustable, forged construction, patented technology
- Saddle: BioLogic Como DLX
- Seat Post: Super Oversize, 6061-Al, micro-adjust clamp
- Pedals: olding, alloy body
- Kickstand: Deluxe center mount
The key to any folding bicycle is the frame, and specifically, the folding joint at the heart of the frame. Done well, it locks the two halves of the frame together without any hint of movement or sound. It should be easy to operate and work flawlessly year after year. The OCL Joint does all of these things and is a new reference in folding frame technology.
Five patented technologies and unique manufacturing technology add up to the strongest, stiffest folding handlepost available. The Physis uses a special manufacturing process called 3D forging, which forms the post from a single piece of aluminum, eliminating all welds.
The Andros is our patented adjustable stem that lets you set your handlebars where you want—no tools, no fuss. In just seconds, you can set your riding position to long and low in a tough headwind, or upright and comfy for riding around town. You decide how you want to ride and the Andros makes your bike fit.
|SUGGESTED RIDER HEIGHT: 142 - 190 cm|
Note: Manufacturer may reserve the right to change the specification of that listed or shown on this page.
This could include but not limited to specification or colour
Manufacturer's Code: TERN1717
Trade-in Your old bike
You can trade in your old bike for instant credit in our store. You can use your credit against all products in store.
Trade-In Your old bike - Step by step:
- Bring the bike you would like to trade-in to our store
- Please ask for the person in charge of Used Bikes
- Our Buyers will assess your bike and offer you a Trade-in credit
- Avail of instant credit from your trade-in
- Credit can be used against ALL goods in store. Sale prices will still apply
- Ride away on your new bike!
Terms & Conditions
- We only accept bikes in the resale value range of €200 - €1,200
- Bikes must be clean and fit for resale
- You will be required to produce photo ID which we will scan and keep on file