The Tour de Fer 10 represents our vision of affordable escapism; a bike designed for the sole purpose of carrying rider and luggage long distances efficiently and in comfort, without leaving a sizable dent in your pocket.
Our flat-bar variant takes every element of our country-crossing legend and matches it with a more upright position, perfect for those needing the ultimate comfort.
As our entry-level model, affordability is at the forefront of our considerations, without cutting corners that would've been detrimental to the ride or long-term ownership. This meant choosing rugged, reliable kit that will last the high mileage for which we intend the bike to be used.
Most of what makes it so good for touring is also 100% applicable to commuting. Everyday practicalities like large volume, puncture resistant Schwalbe Marathon tyres, tough 36H wheelset, powerful, controlled disc brakes, Tubus Cargo rear rack and custom length and extra-long Chromoplastic mudguards.
Tour de Fer 10 is just as suited as a daily commuter as it is a cross-continent tourer. Where will you take yours?
- Brake Type: Mechanical Disc
- Fork Material: Chromoly
- Frame Material: Steel
- Bottom Bracket: Shimano BB-ES300
- Wheel Size: 700c
- Brake Levers: Shimano BL-T4010
- Brakes: Promax DSK-717RS Mechanical Disc
- Cassette Freewheel: Shimano CS-HG400-9 11-32T
- Chain: KMC X9
- Fork: Genesis Full Chromoly
- Front Derailleur: Shimano Alivio FD-T4000
- Grip Tape: Genesis
- Handlebars: Genesis Alloy 18 mm rise 8deg backsweep XS = 580 mm S/M = 600 mm L/XL = 620 mm
- Headset: PT-1606 EC34 Upper / EC34 Lower
- Pedals: NW-91K With Cage
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano Alivio RD-T4000-SGS 9 Speed
- Rims: Jalco XCD22
- Saddle: Genesis
- Seat Post: Genesis Alloy 27.2 XS/S/M = 350 mm L/XL = 400 mm
- Shifters: Shimano Alivio SL-M4000 3 x 9 Speed
- Spokes: Steel 14 g
- Stem: Genesis Alloy 31.8mm -6 deg 100 mm
- Tyres: Schwalbe Marathon 700 x 37c
- Frame Shape: Crossbar
- Size S: 164-172cm
- Size M: 170-178cm
- Size L: 178-186cm
- Size XL: 184-192cm
Note: Manufacturer may reserve the right to change the specification of that listed or shown on this page.
This could include but not limited to specification or colour
Manufacturer's Code: GN21400MD, GN21400LG, GN21400XL
Trade-in Your old bike
You can trade in your old bike for instant credit in our store. You can use your credit against all products in store.
Trade-In Your old bike - Step by step:
- Bring the bike you would like to trade-in to our store
- Please ask for the person in charge of Used Bikes
- Our Buyers will assess your bike and offer you a Trade-in credit
- Avail of instant credit from your trade-in
- Credit can be used against ALL goods in store. Sale prices will still apply
- Ride away on your new bike!
Terms & Conditions
- We only accept bikes in the resale value range of €200 - €1,200
- Bikes must be clean and fit for resale
- You will be required to produce photo ID which we will scan and keep on file