For high-output training and racing missions in the coldest conditions, the EQUIPE RS Winter Bib Tights S9 take the torch from our iconic Bonkas—delivering maximum thermal protection, second-skin comfort, and WorldTour-proven stability.
Full Winter Offense has been synonymous with our legendary Bonka tights for years, as their smooth race fit and reliable insulation kept us out on the road during winter’s worst, season after season. There were a few key areas we knew we could improve on, however, namely in the form of more targeted protection and increased stability, all while shedding overall weight. And that’s precisely where the EQUIPE RS Winter Bib Tights S9 enter the fold.
To start, we adapted our proven A-Lock Engineering framework to the tights. This bracing system ensures the thicker textiles remain in full-wrap mode, giving your muscles a boost with a smooth compressive wrap, hour after hour. This new platform also “locks” the insert in place with our ergoBox stitch pattern and external rollBar bib straps, meaning that as your body moves in and out of the saddle and your weight shifts, your sit bones remain fully supported atop the center of the insert.
In terms of winterproof materials, we used our reliable two-layer twinDeck construction along the knees, thighs, crotch, and hips, made using a combination of our ultralight 2L, membrane-equipped SPHERE Ultra backed by the more insulating brushed-back OSMOS Heavy. Out back we added our thicker SPHERE Medium. This fortress of lab-developed waterproof and windproof fabrics ensures you receive targeted protection throughout, without ever compromising breathability.
For the insert, we incorporated the race-proven EQUIPE RS Insert—minus the kraterCooler ventilation holes—in our signature basalt colorway, equipped with superAir microShock foam, 3D waffle topsheet, and ASSOS-exclusive goldenGate technology.
- A-Lock Engineering: S9 system of textiles and technologies working in harmony to stabilize the shorts and secure the insert in place.
- OSMOS Heavy: This warp-knit is the main textile and the heaviest in our brushed Osmos family (290g/m2), featuring asymmetrical stretch and a soft, durable construction. High levels of insulation are derived from the brushed skin-facing side.
- SPHERE Ultra: Applied in our twinDeck double-layer construction on the front crotch panel and in conjunction with OSMOS Heavy for added thermal insulation. A patented 2L windproof, waterproof, and highly breathable softshell constructed with a PU bonded membrane for added water-repellency—maximizing insulation while minimizing bulk. Weight: 140/m2; Breathability: MVP 40,000/m2/24h; Water Column: >10,000mm; Elasticity: 2-way stretch.
- SPHERE Medium: Used for the upper back panel, this is our thickest version of SPHERE. It’s a patented 3L windproof and highly breathable woven softshell constructed with a PU bonded membrane for added water-repellency. Weight: 320/m2; Breathability: MVP 20,000/m2/24h; Water Column: >10,000mm; Elasticity: 4-way stretch.
- twinDeck: Double-layer fabric construction boosts insulation throughout the tights, used in a combination of OSMOS Heavy and SPHERE Ultra.
- blasenSchutz: An abdomen and crotch panel made with our highly breathable, wind- and waterproof SPHERE Ultra material to increase comfort and warmth.
- rollBar: A patented bracing design that mimics a race car’s anti-sway bar by using the bib straps to stabilize the insert and lock it in place as your weight transfers from left to right while cornering.
- ergoBox: A square pattern construction that effectively frames the insert in the back, boxing it in for added stability.
- Carbon Xbib: A single section of elastic material—folded over on itself—forming a supportive A-frame that delivers limited vertical stretch in the rear. Above the “X” junction, a more flexible material is employed, incorporating an antibacterial carbon weave, to wick moisture and lay flat in the front.
- Taped Seams: Found the front panels, these increase the watertight properties of the tights.
- DWR: Treated with our Durable Water Repellent treatment to add one more level of insurance against the elements.
- waterBarrier: Our Geoprene outermost layer at the bottom of the leg that repels water and adheres to booties.
- EQUIPE RS Winter Insert: Race-spec elastic interface insert in 3D basalt colorway, minus the kraterCooler ventilation holes in the front.
- kukuPenthouse: A soft OSMOS Heavy layer added to the front part of the insert that supports the male anatomy, eliminates pressure, and increases ventilation.
- superAir microShock foam: A lightweight open cell foam with a shock absorbing composition that returns to its original position, filling the gap every time pedaling position is changed in the saddle through the shift of weight.
- 3D waffle: A patented, three-layer perforated foam that increases breathability and eliminates excess weight.
- goldenGate: A patented technology that interrupts the stitching along both of the insert’s side panels, allowing a more three-dimensional freedom of movement in this sensitive, rotational area.
- Reflective Bands: Placed on the backs of the calves for added visibility.
- aeroFit: Our trimmest, speed-focused fit that’s tighter and more compressive than our racingFit. May feel restrictive out of the riding position but feels like a second skin while riding.
- Composition: 44%PA 40%PL 14%EA 2%PP
Manufacturer's Code: 18.104.22.168.XL, 22.214.171.124.S, 126.96.36.199.M, 188.8.131.52.L