A radical departure from packable shell protection as we’ve known it, this ultralight Capsule wears a hybrid design and reflective textiles to keep you securely shielded during tough races and long winter training missions.
It’s time to go on offense in cold, dark, wet, windy conditions, armed with an outermost membrane unlike anything else we’ve created before. Known internally as the Alleycat, this packable capsule possesses the DNA of our sV.emergency and sJ.blitzFeder of years past, most notably in its aerodynamic race fit, visibility details, and ultra-compact makeup, yet wears radically new textiles and a hybrid construction for year-round versatility.
Starting its life as a prototype for WorldTour riders, the Alleycat is engineered primarily for racing and training missions in nasty weather, where variable light conditions, fast descents, and drastic shifts in temperature are a given. The upper half is constructed using our Silver Haze fabric, which features a windproof, water-repellent 2-layer makeup. This unique silver membrane is made with microscopic spherical particles that reflect light, ensuring you “light up” when vehicles’ headlights make contact with you in low-light conditions. The lower front and back panels are made using a new woven textile to prevent overheating, while the forearms, side panels, and tall collar are constructed with our flexible jersey-proven Push Pull material to give you a little added stretch and freedom of movement.
The Capsule features a proper race fit, but layers perfectly over your EQUIPE RS 2/3 and 3/3 equipment. Finishing details include a raw-cut hem for further weight reduction, and the glove-friendly two-way zipper lets you ventilate from the bottom while maintaining a tight seal up top.
- Silver Haze: Lightweight, packable 2L textile consisting of a thin mesh bonded to a hydrophilic membrane infused with highly reflective glass microbeads. Windproof, water-repellent fabric helps regulate body temperature in changing conditions.
- Yubari: Used for the lower front and back panels, this is an ultralight, water-repellent, woven fabric that’s extremely thin, soft and silent.
- Push Pull: The forearms, side panels, and collar is our ASSOS-developed Push Pull warp-knit textile with high UV protection (UPF 50+). Highly breathable, this fine gauge knit with bi-stretch is quick drying and very comfortable.
- Dual-Layer Collar Construction: Ensures added protection, comfort, and freedom of movement at this vulnerable area.
- Raw Cut: Hem is raw cut, creating a smooth, aerodynamic design that seamlessly pairs with additional layers.
- Double-Slider Zipper: Ventilate from the top or bottom with ease. Robust construction with oversized pull tabs for intuitive, glove-friendly operation.
- Reflective Strip: Wide strip of perforated reflective material runs vertically down the back to boost visibility.
- aeroFit: Our trimmest, speed-focused fit that’s tighter and more compressive than our racingFit. May feel restrictive out of the riding position but feels like a second skin while riding.
- Composition: 53%PA 35%PL 12%EA
Manufacturer's Code: 11.32.370.18.XS, 11.32.370.18.TIR, 11.32.370.18.S, 11.32.370.18.M, 11.32.370.18.L, 11.32.370.18.XL, 11.32.370.18.XLG