Chunky rock gardens, gnarly roots and steep, technical climbs. The all-new Trance X 29 is for those who consider the hardest section of trail their favourite part of the ride. With longer suspension travel and adjustable geometry, this aluminium trail slayer delivers hard-charging singletrack fun.
Engineered to help you ride faster and smoother on the toughest trails, this all-new 29er has a lightweight, strong and stiff aluminum chassis with 29er-specific geometry and a plush ride thanks to its advanced new suspension setup. Longer travel Maestro suspension delivers 135mm of active rear travel that pairs perfectly with a 150mm fork. The Advanced Forged Composite rocker arm has a flip-chip that allows you to adjust frame geometry and tailor the bike’s handling to your riding style and terrain. Choose steeper or slacker headtube/seattube angles and either a 30mm or 40mm bottom bracket drop to adjust the handling for your riding style and terrain. It’s all built around 29-inch wheels and lots of clearance (up to 2.5-inch tyres) for maximum control on rugged trails.
29er confidence and control
29-inch wheels roll over rough terrain with balance and stability, giving you more momentum for technical climbs and the confidence to fly on fast, rugged singletrack descents. Added clearance for up to 2.5-inch tyres.
New Maestro rear suspension features a trunnion mount shock with a longer stroke and smoother feel. With 135mm of full rear-wheel travel (and 150mm up front), it features a two-position adjustable Advanced Forged Composite flip-chip equipped upper rocker arm for increased stiffness and strength plus lower overall frame weight.
Adjustable frame geometry
Lightweight ALUXX-SL frameset features adjustable geometry that offers 66.2 or 65.5-degree headtube and 77.9 or 77.2-degree seattube angles, resulting in 30mm or 40mm bottom bracket drop options for aggressive trail configurations.
- Sizes: S, M, L, XL
- Colours: Gloss Black/Black Chrome
- Frame: ALUXX SL-Grade AluminIum front and rear triangles, 135mm Maestro suspension, flip chip
- Fork: RockShox 35 Gold RL, 150mm, 44mm offset, 15x110 Maxle Stealth, custom tuned for Giant
- Shock: Fox Float DPS Performance, 185/55, custom tuned for Giant
- Handlebar: Giant Contact TR35, 780x35mm, 20mm rise
- Stem: Giant Contact SL 35
- Seatpost: Giant Contact Switch dropper with remote, 30.9
- Saddle: Giant Romero
- Pedals: N/A
- Shifters: SRAM SX Eagle
- Front Derailleur: N/A
- Rear Derailleur: SRAM SX Eagle
- Brakes: Shimano MT420
- Brake Levers: Shimano MT401
- Cassette: SRAM SX Eagle, 11x50
- Chain: SRAM
- Crankset: SRAM SX Eagle, 30t
- Bottom Bracket: SRAM DUB, press fit
- Rims: Giant AM 29, alloy
- Hubs: Giant Boost, sealed bearing
- Spokes: Sapim
- Tyres: [F] Maxxis Minion DHF 29x2.5, EXO, TR [R] Maxxis Dissector 29x2.4, EXO, TR, tubeless
- Extras: tubeless prepared
- Weight: The most accurate way to determine any bike’s weight is to have your local dealer weigh it for you. Many brands strive to list the lowest possible weight, but in reality weight can vary based on size, finish, hardware and accessories. All our bikes are designed for best-in-class weight and ride quality.
Note: Manufacturer may reserve the right to change the specification of that listed or shown on this page.
This could include but not limited to specification or colour
Manufacturer's Code: 2111051104, 2111051105, 2111051107, 2111051108
Barcodes: 4712878619005, 4712878619012, 4712878619029, 4712878619036
Trade-in Your old bike
You can trade in your old bike for instant credit in our store. You can use your credit against all products in store.
Trade-In Your old bike - Step by step:
- Bring the bike you would like to trade-in to our store
- Please ask for the person in charge of Used Bikes
- Our Buyers will assess your bike and offer you a Trade-in credit
- Avail of instant credit from your trade-in
- Credit can be used against ALL goods in store. Sale prices will still apply
- Ride away on your new bike!
Terms & Conditions
- We only accept bikes in the resale value range of €200 - €1,200
- Bikes must be clean and fit for resale
- You will be required to produce photo ID which we will scan and keep on file