The Sphere helmet is your buddy on the road. Available in four sizes and created with our Advanced Rollsys fit system we aim to bring you ultimate comfort in a perfectly-fitting helmet. Eighteen cooling inlet and exhaust ventilation holes connected by carefully engineered air channels are designed to draw air from the front to the rear of your head, keeping you cool and ready to perform for the duration of your ride.
On rainy days, the Sphere can be combined with the optional Aeroshell to protect you from the elements. Further comfort and convenience comes as a result of integrated eyewear docking, lightweight and thin straps, reflective stickering and a ponytail friendly rear head basket design.
- Lazer Advanced Rollsys® System (ARS) - Enables you to easily adjust the fit of your helmet by using the thumbwheel on the top of the helmet. Not only is ARS ponytail-friendly, but it prevents any hotspots or pressure points by adjusting teh basket around the entire circumference of the head.
- Adjustable Head Basket - The Adjustable Head Basket allows the back section of the retention system to be adjusted up or down, changing the verticle size of the helmet depending upon the rider’s preference.
- Well Ventilated -Eighteen vents and internal channeling pull air into the helmet and across your head. Increased airflow keeps your head cool and comfortable during long rides in high temperatures.
- Bottom Shell - Polycarbonate bottomshell finishing looks great and helps protect the helmet foam from cosmetic damage.
- Lazer Aeroshell Compatible - The Sphere is compatible with the Lazer Aeroshell accessory. Snap on the Aeroshell for improved aerodynamics and protection from the elements.
- Eyewear Docking - Eyewear can be easily and securely docked in specifically shaped slots in the helmet.
- Polycarbonate Roll-Cage - The helmet foam is sandwiched around an additional polycarbonate layer during construction. In the same way as the roll cage of a rally car, this layer keeps the foam together after a crash providing additional protection in the event of additional impacts.
- The Multi-Directional Impact Protection System (MIPS) helps reduce the risk of rotational brain injury by isolating your head from the rotation of the helmet shell in the event of an impact.
What is Mips Technology?
The Mips safety system is designed to add protection against the rotational motion (or kinematics) transmitted to the brain from angled impacts to the head. Rotational motion is a combination of rotational energy (angular velocity) and rotational forces from angular acceleration that both affect the brain and increases the risk for minor and severe brain injuries. Mips’ added protection system has been proven to reduce the rotational motion when implemented in a helmet by absorbing and redirecting energies and forces otherwise transmitted to the brain. Read More
We know from scientific research that the brain is particularly senstivie to rotation. In the event of an impact, the helmet technology provided by a Mips® safety system is intended to help reduce the impact of rotational energy to the head by enabling a relative movement between the head and helmet.
When such an impact occurs the forces the build up between the head and helmet are immense. These forces can be compared to the weight of up to 10 people sudddenly standing on your helmet. Under such high pressure, the friction between head and helmet makes it hard for the helmet to move– even if the straps are slightly loose or if the helmet doesn’t have a properly secure fit as recommended by the manufacturer. But a Mips® low-friction layer inside a helmet can still allow omni-directional movement of 10-15mm when that high load occurs.
Most helmets that are certified by industry-accepted safety standards are capable of reducing the energy of a straight, linear impact. But when it comes to angled impacts, which is the most common type of impact from crashes or falls, a Mips® safety system-equipped helmet can also help reduce harmful rotational energy.
Think about a fall on a slippery slope: If you fall and hit your head (or helmet), you will most likely continue in the same direction as before the fall. Alternatively, consider a similar fall on high-friction asphalt– a very different scenario. When your helmet hits the ground, there will most likely be a sudden stop and a rotation of the helmet. Mips intends to redirect that energy away from the head.
Manufacturer's Code: CZ2248013, CZ2248014, CZ2248015, CZ2248062, CZ2248063, CZ2248064, CZ2248073, CZ2248074, CZ2248042, CZ2248043, CZ2248044, CZ2248052, CZ2248053, CZ2248054, CZ2248023, CZ2248024, CZ2248025
Barcodes: 5420078895462, 5420078895455, 5420078895448, 5420078896216, 5420078896209, 5420078896193, 5400974010824, 5400974010817, 5420078895851, 5420078895844, 5420078895837, 5420078896032, 5420078896025, 5420078896018, 5400974000450, 5400974000443, 5400974000627