Limar Delta Mips MTB Helmet
Limar Delta Mips MTB Helmet
- Technology: Developed with Triple shell PC / EPS in mold technology (3MT)
- Fit: Perfect fit for any head, in two sizes M (53-57) and L (57-62)
- Pads: Antibacterial and washable comfort pads
- Size (CM): M (53-57), L (57-62)
- Weight (G): Thanks to the technology, the choice of materials and the know-how of LIMAR in the field of lightness, the weight is lower than the same type of helmet on the market (310g M)
- Air Vents: Excellent ventilation guaranteed by 17 air intakes for the entry and exit of air and two internal channels for managing the flows.
- Sizing System: The retention system is guaranteed by AIRFIT System, minimal in weight and size, ergonomic, adjustable horizontally and vertically and integrated with the WBs strap to offer, together with the large removable and washable padding, an optimal fit and total comfort.
What is Mips Technology?
The Mips safety system is designed to add protection against the rotational motion (or kinematics) transmitted to the brain from angled impacts to the head. Rotational motion is a combination of rotational energy (angular velocity) and rotational forces from angular acceleration that both affect the brain and increases the risk for minor and severe brain injuries. Mips’ added protection system has been proven to reduce the rotational motion when implemented in a helmet by absorbing and redirecting energies and forces otherwise transmitted to the brain. Read More
We know from scientific research that the brain is particularly senstivie to rotation. In the event of an impact, the helmet technology provided by a Mips® safety system is intended to help reduce the impact of rotational energy to the head by enabling a relative movement between the head and helmet.
When such an impact occurs the forces the build up between the head and helmet are immense. These forces can be compared to the weight of up to 10 people sudddenly standing on your helmet. Under such high pressure, the friction between head and helmet makes it hard for the helmet to move– even if the straps are slightly loose or if the helmet doesn’t have a properly secure fit as recommended by the manufacturer. But a Mips® low-friction layer inside a helmet can still allow omni-directional movement of 10-15mm when that high load occurs.
Most helmets that are certified by industry-accepted safety standards are capable of reducing the energy of a straight, linear impact. But when it comes to angled impacts, which is the most common type of impact from crashes or falls, a Mips® safety system-equipped helmet can also help reduce harmful rotational energy.
Think about a fall on a slippery slope: If you fall and hit your head (or helmet), you will most likely continue in the same direction as before the fall. Alternatively, consider a similar fall on high-friction asphalt– a very different scenario. When your helmet hits the ground, there will most likely be a sudden stop and a rotation of the helmet. Mips intends to redirect that energy away from the head.
- M: 53-57 cm
- L: 57-62 cm
Manufacturer's Code: HCDELMICEACM, HCDELMICEACL, HCDELMICE7XM, HCDELMICE7XL, HCDELMICE4DM, HCDELMICE4DL
Barcodes: 8055186668669, 8055186668676, 8055186668690, 8055186668683, 8055186668713, 8055186668706