- Aerodynamic stem with sleek design and no front cover
- Better distribution of handlebar tightening
- Wide height adjustment range by inclining
- DIRECT DRIVE integrated stem
- Carbon HM ultra rigid composition
- STRUCTURE: HOLLOWED HM CARBON AND HIDDEN STAINLESS STEEL CLAMP SCREWS
- LENGTHS AVAILABLE: 80MM - 90 MM - 100 MM - 110 MM -120 MM - 130 MM
- ANGULATIONS POSSIBLE: FROM -17° 0 +13° (EQUIVALENT TO 75 MM OF SPACERS)
- COLOURS: BLACK – GLOSS SILVER VARNISH / BLACK – MAT SILVER VARNISH / BLACK – GLOSS WHITE VARNISH
- WEIGHT: 149 GRS
- GUARANTEE: 1 YEAR
- AERO STEM WITH SLEEK DESIGN AND NO FRONT COVER: The AEROSTEM is a brand new stem for which LOOK has filed several patents. It uses the same pivot clamping system as the C-Stem but differs in the shape of the body and by the absence of a front cover. The traditional screw-on cap has been replaced by a high strength and lightweight stainless steel clamp. The clamp is tightened by 2 small screws which are hidden behind the handlebar inside the stem. This means there is nothing to disturb the drag coefficient of this beautifully designed and aerodynamic stem.
- INCREASE IN THE ADJUSTMENT RANGE: The patented clamping system, which has been dissociated from the headset and mounted on a swivel, makes it possible to tilt the stem to vary the height of the handlebar by 75 mm with a single spacer. This avoids adding spacers that reduce the bike’s lateral rigidity and the precision of the handling.
The AEROSTEM has a greater range of possible settings than the C-Stem towards lower positions. Its amplitude varies from -13° to + 17°. 6 stem lengths are available: from 80 mm to 130 mm, by increments of 10 mm, ensuring the rider will be able to find the position where he feels best.
- BETTER DISTRIBUTION OF HANDLEBAR TIGHTENING: The clamp that replaces the traditional cover also has another very important advantage: the handlebar clamp is much more homogeneous and powerful than with a cover held in place by 4 screws that do not always have the same clamping depth (number of threads engaged) or the same torque. This is important, because unbalanced tightening can cause the highly stressed screws to break, or damage the handlebar, especially when it is carbon.
With a clamp tightened from behind by two screws in a barrel, the handlebar clamp is not only more powerful but also automatically balanced. The screws are hidden by a small plate marked with a LOOK logo that is held with a magnet, a neat and aerodynamic finish but one that is also quick and easy to handle.
- DIRECT DRIVE CONCEPT INTEGRATED STEM: The Direct Drive concept optimises all of the handling parameters in order to provide maximum rigidity, reliability and security, to achieve a maximum level of performance. We achieve this result by using a short and tapered head tube, 1.5 inches at the bottom and 1 1/8 inches at the top, and by removing the stack of spacers.
- BETTER STEERING ACCURACY: With a shorter pivot, oversized bearings and highly rigid stem, the whole handling unit is stiffer. It is therefore more precise and the feel of the handlebars adds confidence which increases performance.
- STIFFNESS & LIGHTWEIGHT: Thanks to its HM carbon composition, the AEROSTEM offers great rigidity. The stem is hollow to gain weight.
Manufacturer's Code: 00005991, 00005992, 00005993, 00005994, 00005983, 00005984, 00005985, 00005986, 00005987, 00005988, 00005989, 00005990