Recommended and approved brake pads for Zipp Wheels
This pad is the result of our endless drive to improve and optimize everything we make. The redesigned pad – created especially for braking on carbon surfaces – delivers smooth speed control and reliable stopping power in all conditions, wet or dry. It also is designed for a longer wear life. The Tangente Platinum Pro Evo Brake Pad is designed for use on carbon rims and has not been approved for use on aluminum braking surfaces.
- A 10 percent increase in surface area than the previous pad model for greater max braking power
- A 1mm thinner design provides improved clearance with integrated brakes
- Despite a reduced thickness, its increased radial height increases pad life
- Increased radial height also spreads heat over larger “swept area” of the rim for lower peak temperatures
- New groove design sweeps water off rim for improved wet-weather braking performance and also channels air over rim to improve cooling
- Uniquely formulated compound manages the extreme temperatures that can result from heavy braking on carbon
- Please note: The Tangente Platinum Pro Evo Brake Pad is designed for use on carbon rims and has not been approved for use on aluminum braking surfaces, note only one pair supplied in a pack.
Manufacturer's Code: 00.1915.129.060, 00.1915.129.050